Chapter 8

Lou Island, South Blue
199 Marine Branch HQ

Ghetto woke to chanting marines that early morning. His room happen to have a window facing the courtyard where most of the training took place. This was a going to a be a daily routine in his life now.

Unlike other times, Ghetto wasn't bothered by the shouting outside his window. Taking his sweet time to get out of bed and looked out his window to see marines running around the yard, other having sword matches and some doing simple warm ups.

Just watching them lighten his mood.

It felt good to relax after three years. For once he was watching others training while he relaxed in the comfort of his bedroom. The promotion was getting better and better. Sure he still had work but at least he could order other people around to do for him.

He could just imagine all the free time he would have if he was a admiral or even fleet admiral. He would be on the top and no one could be forcing him to so those stupid quotas.

After taking a quick two minute shower and getting dressed in his marine uniform Ghetto made his way towards his office.

Pin was already waiting for him with a cart full of paper work.

"There you are Ghetto" Pin said opening the door to the office. "We had recruit yesterday but since you disappeared on us we had to postpone it."

"Alright then" Ghetto concur.

Pin must not have heard heard him right because he continue to scowl him."I know you hate it but can you at least try to get this over with. All you have it approve...."

Pin finally stopped and his eyes widen in surprise. "Your ok with it"

Ghetto just nodded as he grabbed the handle of the cart and left the office. Pin remain frozen in shock. It wasn't much like Ghetto to just do something complaining.

Something was wrong.

Rushing after him Pin found Ghetto stationed beside the recruitment table. The cart of paper work beside him as he began to read through some of them. Slowly approaching him Pin placed his hand on Ghetto's forehead to check his temperature.

Ghetto looked up from the papers and gave him a confused look. "What wrong?"

Pin couldn't find the word to explain it but something felt off about Ghetto today. Yesterday he was complaining about the quotas and today he all jolly and ready to work.

"um..Are you alright Ghetto?"

Ghetto tinted his head in confusion which didn't happen often since Ghetto normally didn't bother to understand something that confused him. He just did what he wanted which normally turned out to be the easiest way.

"Um...nothing" Pin just said removing his hand from Ghetto's forehead and focused on the recruitment.

Today was going to a long day, they had about a hundred applications to go over. The men were all looked eager to please. Among the men stood one petty girl who had her brown hair tied in a ponytail with a blue ribbon. Of all things to wear to a marine recruitment area she wore a brown, white and black corset dress with black boots. If that wasn't enough to believe that she was in the wrong place she had a brown top  hat with a blue ribbon. She looked like a lawyer or even a noble.

The movement of Ghetto getting off his chair caught his attention as Ghetto made his way towards the recruitment table with only a few applications at hand.

Curiously Pin waited for Ghetto to come back but the shock came from what he heard from his fellow marines.

"Alright than, your applications have all been evaluated by Captain Ghetto himself [1]. Those that hear their names called please step forward."