Chapter 10

Somewhere in the North Blue...
Few Days Later....

Laying down in his beach chair Ghetto looked to clouds floating in the sky. He has been sailing through the North Blue for a couple days since his unfortunate luck of getting transferred to another Marine squad.  

Pin had been left in charge of Lou Island in the meantime.

Flashback.....

"It can't be that bad Ghetto" Pin tried to assure him. "It could be a good experience to sail in the North Blue"

"We will still be here when you come back" Cassette said.

"All men salute" the petty officer shouted. "Captain Ghetto sir. We wish you well"

End of Flashback.....

Here he was laying in the beach chair working his ass off while sailing through the North Blue when a man stood beside him, blocking his sun.

Slowly opening his eyes Ghetto looked to orange haired man in a marine captain uniform. '"Captain Drake from the North Blue....what do you want?"

Captain Drake remained unfazed by Ghetto's comment and if was than he didn't show it. That didn't surprise Ghetto at all. The marine captain somehow didn't show his anger like everyone else. People usual lashed out at him to do something but this marine captain let him do that. He just let Ghetto do whatever he wanted which included sunbathing in the deck. 

"We will be approaching a pirate ship soon enough and I expect you to do your part" Drake said.

Ghetto simply waved him off. "Sure, I will"

Ghetto closed his eyes again feeling the sun's ray against his pale yellowish skin which somehow didn't get tan no matter how long he sunbath. His frizzy untamed afro blowed with the wind providing at least some shade for his eyes.

Silence comfort Ghetto so a few seconds before he felt himself flying. Quickly opening his eyes Ghetto saw himself fly over the rail of the marine ship. He could reach for the rail but he didn't want to so he let himself fall to the sea. The moment he touched the sea it he felt his strength draining. His body stiffened, blood circulating throughout his body decreased along with his breathing and it became harder to move. Surrounded by the cold water his eyes grew drowsy and just before he went unconscious he saw one hand reaching out to him.

One day later.....

Ghetto slowly open his eyes at the growling of his stomach. Looking to the ceiling to which he guessed was the infirmary, Ghetto slowly inhaled and exhaled.

"That some crazy stuff you did there by ignoring Captain Drake" a voice interrupted.

Turning his head Ghetto was greeted by a marine with a blond mohawk and red headband.

"Petty Officer J Wassily" The man grinned. "Say....you're Captain Ghetto from the South Blue..right?"

"Where?"    

Wassily gave a low whistle responded. "You been unconscious for a day or so. Missed two full meals, man. "

Yawning Ghetto left him fall into a deep sleep but not before mumbling to Wassily. "Wake me up when we reach land"

"Oy! Ghettoman get up" Wassily shook up Ghetto but no matter how much he shook him Ghetto didn't show any signs of waking up soon.

Sighing Wassily heard his own stomach grumble. "I'm out of here"

Wassily quickly rushed out of the infirmary and heading for the cafeteria for a well deserved meal. He might as well eat the food intend for Ghetto. In his mind, Wassily didn't see why he should let perfectly good food go to waste.            

The Next Morning...

They had docked in snowy island by the time he woke up again. Th men were disembarking supplies while Captain Drake stood watching them. Ghetto managed to evade Captain Drake by slip behind a marine carrying a crate and made his way towards the snowy city. 

The city was quiet a view, with its tall building and snow. People where mostly shoving the snow off the streets while others were walking around shopping for food and warm cloths. 

Looking down at his own marine outfit he noticed that he was way under dressed for this kind of weather. So he entered the first clothing store that he spotted. It was small little shop with hardly any people in it. 

Looking around the first section he found a green coat with a fur hooded edge. The coat was quiet long, reaching to his knees.

"Its made of out of real raccoon fur ;) " the store owner walked up to him. 

Ghetto didn't bother to respond to the man as he focused on the coat. He hated sharing his attention so the store owner would have to wait. He gave one more glance before walking over to the empty front desk. 

The store owner grumbled something of breath before attending to him. 

Ghetto put on the coat after paying and left the store soon after. 

He could hear the store owner shouting after him as he left. 

"Hey, you forgot your change!"

#####################################################################

And the first supernovas to meet Ghetto is X Drake. :)

No one voted for Drake but it makes sense that a younger Drake to meet Ghetto since both of the are marines(OR in Drake's case, formal marine)

Those that might not be aware that Ghetto is currently 19 years old. 5 years before the beginning of the timeline (When Luffy starts his journey). Since there isn't much information on Drake I'm going on a hunch and say that Drake is currently 26 years old and is a  marine captain in this story plot. He isn't a Rear Admiral yet.

I loved the idea of Ghetto being under Drake's command. So far, Drake seem like a cool guy who is rarely surprised and who better to whip Ghetto into shape on being a proper marine.

Ghetto is in the North Blue! I repeat Ghetto is in the North Blue!!!!

Hid all your Polar Bears!!!!!!!

Until next update. ; )