Chapter 9

Lou Island, South Blue
199 Marine Branch HQ

A month after recruiting Cassette and the thirteen other men, Ghetto spent most of his time roaming the HQ or taking long strolls around town. Leaving Pin to manage all on his own.

Everyday the day started at dawn with the regular schedule laps around the courtyard until noon. The men and women ate, showered and had patrols routines for the rest of day. Patrols were normally done in pairs so Pin was often paired up with Cassette.

Pirate attacks weren't a frequent occasion but Pin made sure to always be prepare for anything. When pirates did come they would watch them carefully and waited to see if they cause any danger to the citizens. Many of those times it ended with them arresting them after getting into a fight. Pin was usually able to handle them with the help of the other marines but on some occasions a pirate crew would appear who were much stronger. On those times, Ghetto would unwillingly get involved and single handily beat them up before leave the arresting to Pin and other marines.

The town people began to warm up to Ghetto. They were already used to see him almost every day, doing nothing but walking around. Many of town people believe that he was patrolling the town because he was taking his job seriously. In their eyes, Captain Ghetto was a strong marine protecting the island left in his charge.

If only they knew that true that  Ghetto often left the headquarters just to avoid the weekly briefings that he had to give to Sengoku. There wasn't a day set so Ghetto wasn't taking any chances. He tried to stay away from the headquarters because he knew that Pin would cover for him.

Ghetto did his best to complete his weekly quotas and he left the talking to Pin.

"Morning Captain Ghetto" the owner of the restaurant owner Borne happy greeted him. "The usually then"

Talking his seat by the window Ghetto nodded before looking out the window. The three kids he had seen on his second day on the island caught his attention. It wasn't unusually for him to them that Saturday morning where schools were closed and children were out and about.

"Here you go Captain Ghetto" Borne returned with his food and it was when Ghetto realized that he had be starring at the kids for too long.

Forgetting them for the moment Ghetto focused on his food.

After having payed for his meal Ghetto left the restaurant and once again drawn by the loud voice.

He already knew that it belonged to brown haired boy who wanted to be a pirate.

Emmett was his name. There was no way of him not figuring it out when it is constantly being shouted throughout the peaceful town.

Son of the town's school teacher and the town's Doctor.

Somewhat wealthy kid.

Had two best friends.

A girl name Nalee and a boy named Aske.

Both which wanted to be Marines while Emmett wanted to be a pirate. It was known through the whole town since they had dubbed him "the wannabe pirate boy".

It was a real shame but it didn't seem to prevent Emmett from hangout with Nalee and Aske even if at most times they were arguing about Pirates and Marines.