i

(EDITED)

i

New Places, New Faces

I did make the best out my summer. After we had moved into the spacious 2 bedroom apartment complex me and my mom did everything we could to make it as homey as possible. 

For the first two weeks we painted all the walls vibrant colors. My mom was the one who came up with the idea and because I was so creative and talented she allowed me to lead in the renovation. 

I allowed my creativity to flow and after we were done we were both please. The house really reflected who we were as people.

Soon after that I got a summer job at the local Starbucks it was actually really fun. I got to meet a lot of people and I also befriend two siblings from the UK, their names were Adriana and April. They were really nice and I spent most of my summer with them. 

We watched the fireworks on the 4th of July and we went on the beach. The mall was like our second home. We tried bowling, ice skating, and we even went out to parties on the weekend. 

I was really sad when they had to go back because school was about to open back up for them. We promised we'd stay in touch, and that they'd be back soon. They would have to visit me and their grandmother again. 

I spent the rest of my summer getting ready for school, i had to read all the books on the summer book list ang get what i needed for school. I also helped my mother out at her job sense I had already stopped working at Starbucks. 

I had yet to see Will smith or any of the smith family, My mom said they did alot of traveling. If I had a house like this I would never leave. This house had 8 bed rooms, 6 baths. Indoor and outdoor pool, A tennis court, a basketball court,  a gym, a dance studio and a multiple TV and living rooms.

I was thinking how i couldn't wait to get these things when i get older, My mother would be set for life.

I polished the china till i was able to see myself in it. It was spotless. I held it as if it was a newborn baby. I wouldn't want my mom to lose her job over something i did. 

After about an hour I was done polishing the china. I remembered my mother told me to come and find her in the Master Bedroom when i was done. I didn't know where that was even though i have been in this house a couple of times. I went in the kitchen and was surprised to find a slender woman dressed in a chef attire. 

I never met any other staff except for the security, the gardeners and the 5 other maids.

She had high cheek bones and a beautiful cocoa complexion. Her face was really smoothed, she was truly a natural beauty. 

" Bonjour " she smiled. She had the cutest accent ever. 

" Hi " I smiled back.

She walked towards me extending her arms. I thought she wanted a hand shake but she went straight for a hug.

" Your Erin? " She questioned.

" Yes I am " I responded. She hugged me again.

She took of her hat and chef hat and rested it on the counter. She revealed her sleek bun on the top of her head. She had really nice natural

" You are very beautiful, your mother was right " she giggled. 

I blushed. " Your gorgeous " I objected. " and i really love yor hair " I added. 

" I have heard so many wonderfully things of you, You are a really smart girl and a hard worker " She pointed out. " By the way congrats on your scholarship " She congratulated. 

" Thank you Ms. " I trailed off so she would tell me her name. 

" Mrs. O'Brad " She said. " I just got married, a month ago " She boast showing me her ring.

" Wow, that's really beautiful. Congratulations " I cheered.

" Thank you " She beamed. " But could I help you with something? " She asked curiously.  

" A wanted to know where my mother was " I said.

Se gave me directions on where to go, hopefully I wouldn't get lost in this huge house, like I did the first time I had been here. I followed the directions carefully and found my mother fixing a gigantic bed.

" Hey " I said observing the room. Te ceiling was high and the doors were large. The room had alot of light because of the glass doors all around.

" Hey darling " She spoke. " Your done already " She asked. 

" Yep " I replied. " I met Mrs. O'Brad " i told her. " She's nice " I added. 

" She's crazy " my mom joked. " I love her, she's really funny " She chuckled.

I laughed with her as I looked around the room.

" Don't touch the jewelry " mom mentioned.

I took heed to what she said and didn't touch the jewelry that were sparkling. This woman had a ton of jewelry. She probably only won most of these once. 

I walked into the closet and admired her beautiful dresses. I touched some of the fabric and it felt like heaven under my fingers.

In the closet were large photos of the family. There were a really beautiful, all them looked alike. 

The boy and the girl looked like twins. I think there names were wilana and Jacob or something like that. Jacob was actually really cute. He never smiled in any of these pictures though.

He probably had issues or something. I walked out the room to do further exploring. The more I walked the more I needed to pee.

I swung the door alittle and saw a toilet so i rejoiced that i had finally found a bathroom.  I swang the door all the way open and saw a the young man from the pictures, Jacob or whatever his name was coming out the shower dripping wet no towel. 

He looked at me, I looked at him. Then my eyes traveled down his body. I stopped myself by covering my eyes but if was already too late i saw it. 

" Hi " I heard the boy say. He had a really nice voice.

I peeked through my fingers to see that he now had a white towel hanging from his waist and was smirking at me and began to look me down. I now regretted wearing the plain black leggings and crop top. It exposed too much of my body and too much of my shape. I'm not exactly a slim girl, I have curves.

" Hi " i said feeling my face getting red. I was beyond embarrassed and a little intrigued. 

*

JadenOwns