Everything was fine

Julia's P.O.V.

I got dressed and went out. There was a few people sitting at the table eating. I sat down and everyone else came out. The lady that served spaghetti the night before gave me a plate with a pancake on it. It was underdone. I cut into it and... it was just... eww. After breakfast we had to go to class. I went into the classroom and sat down.

"That's my chair." An older girl said to me.

"Leave her alone Jessica." Another girl said.

"If she gets out of my chair I will." She said and I got up. I sat down in a seat beside Alissa. The lady that was serving food taught the class. Her name was Mrs. Verging. It felt like it went on forever. Then we were let out for lunch. For lunch we had he most disgusting food. I don't even know what it was.

"Girls! there's a person that wants to adopt!" Ms. Nancy said and all the girls ran out leaving me behind "c'mon Julia!" she said and grabbed my hand. There was a man and a woman standing in the doorway. We just sat out there and played. Well, I didn't play. I sat in the corner and cried. I guess no one wants to adopt someone who does that. One of the kids got adopted and we were sent back to class where it trudged on for another 3 hours.

After class was finally over I went to my room and played with the things I brought. I made some jewelry with the kit.

"Julia?" someone said and I turned my head to see Alissa standing in the doorway. "Do you think I'll ever get adopted?"

"Maybe." I said. "I can't tell. I haven't been here very long."

"I don't think I ever will. I'm just going to be here until I'm a grownup."

"Don't say that." I said.

"What're you doing?" she asked.

"I'm making jewelry with this kit I got for my birthday."

"When's your birthday?"

"It was yesterday." I said. "The same day my dad..."

"You don't have to talk about it."

That's just it. I didn't have to talk about it, but if I just ignored it, it would follow me around for the rest of my life.

"Do you hear that?" Alissa asked.

"No." I answered. "What is it?"

"It's the dinner bell. Ms. Nancy thinks its really loud and everyone can hear it but we really have to listen hard to hear it." She explained.

"I'm staying with you everyday around dinner time."

"Haha. Alright." She said and we went down for dinner.

Another DISGUSTING dinner. Not to be rude to Mrs. Verging, but I hated it. It tasted like poop mixed with throw up. Not to appetizing. I felt like running away from this horrid place. But then, where would I go? It was better just to wait for someone to adopt me, which might take years.

Ms. Nancy read us a story. I'm just going to out it out there, that she is a terrible reader. She reads with no emotion at all and just makes the books sound so boring. Even more boring than the book actually was. Have you ever read Johnny Tremain? That's what she was reading us, and historical fiction isn't really an 8 years olds favorite type of book.

After a half hour of sitting there while Ms. Nancy read to us, it was time for bed. Thank God. I couldn't take anymore of this place. I'd rather be asleep here than awake. I was probably the first person to their room. I quickly got in my PJs and went to sleep. I needed it. But like most nights, I have dreams.

"Girls someone wants to adopt!" Ms. Nancy said making sound like she's working at a pet shop. A man stepped in and looked around. "Would you like her? that's Julia." Ms. Nancy said and pointed at me crying in the corner.

"No I don't want her. I don't want a kid that will only cry." He said. "I don't want a cry baby."

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I woke up to that annoying sound. Again it read 7:00. Just like everyday I got in my uniform and went out to breakfast.

Months went by and everyday was the same (except for the weekends), horrible food, class, people wanting to adopt that didn't even pay attention to me at all, and boring stories. I was at the point where I would've rather died.

A/N~ sorry not really a good ending by I had to end it somewhere. Comment what you think will happen next! (fyi I'm

not saying that because i need ideas for the next chapter. I have the next ten chapters ready) Have a very nice day :)