One.

Sema sat in her 2017 Cadillac CT6 snapping photos of herself as she waited for her shift to begin at Farman General Hospital

"Cute," she said, smiling to herself as she deleted all the other ones that she had taken besides that one, planning to post it on her Instagram later. She glanced at the time at the top of her screen before pressing the power button to lock it.

"Shoot, lemme go." She gathered her phone, purse and keys, exiting out of the car.

Walking into the hospital, she was greeted by the on-duty nurses and receptionists. She smiled and returned the greetings she received as she made her way to her office. Unlocking the door, she went on in and flipped the light on. She put on her lab coat and placed her stethoscope around her neck before flipping the light back off and exiting her office. Making it to the room with the time-clock, she saw her friend and fellow doctor, Aja Thinton clocking out. Aja peeped Sema walking in out of the corner of her eye and a smile formed on her face.

 Aja peeped Sema walking in out of the corner of her eye and a smile formed on her face

"Is Dr. Cotton ready for her shift?" She questioned.

"Girl, Dr. Cotton is tired." Sema chuckled. "But money has to be made."

"I heard that! Well let me let you get to it. My money's already been made for today, honey. I'm going home, having a glass of wine, a nice bubble bath, and sliding under the bed."

"Sounds like my kind night, girl. Enjoy!"

"That I will do. Night, Sem!" With that, Aja disappeared around the corner. Sema pulled her badge out of the pocket of her lab coat and swiped it on the time-clock machine, then pint it on her jacket before leaving the room.

She walked up to the nurses station, seeing if there were any patients that had yet to be seen.

"Hey Melanie, any patients out front?"

"Several. This is gonna be a long night."

Sema sighed, throwing her head back. "Jesus, give me strength. Let me go ahead and get the first one Mel. Which room?"