Thirty-One.

Byron threw his phone against the wall with such force, the screen shattered to pieces. Who was this nigga answering Sema's phone?

"What the hell, By? I just put the baby to sleep!" His current wife, Nadia whisper-yelled, causing his facial expression to soften a bit.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. If she wakes up I'll get her."

His wife went over to the spot where the phone was and picked it up. "And why are you breaking your phone?"

"Don't worry about it," he told her, his face reading a blank look.

"You can talk to me, By. That's what I'm here for." He sighed before taking a seat in the recliner.

"I called Sema. Some nigga answered."

"And you're mad for what, By? Because she's moved on? Because you're still not over her? She cheated on you and had kids by somebody else. She let you go on pretending like everything was perfect for five years before you found out that neither kid was yours. And the fact that she probably with the kids' real daddy now has got you mad? What the fuck did you marry me for?!"

"I- thats not it."

"No, it is! And I cant understand it for the life of me why you're still stuck on her. You were broken when we met. I stuck with you through that. I fell in love with you and I thought you fell in love with me too. I dealt with all those damn trust issues. I am the best wife I can be to you and you still don't appreciate it! I can't compete even when she's not in the picture. Why the hell am I still here?!"

"I do love you, Nadia!"

"And there it is. You love me but you're not in love with me. You're still in love with Sema, and I'm tired of the competition. I cant do this anymore." Nadia began to walk away but Byron grabbed her by the hand.

"Baby don't. Please, im begging you," he pleaded as he dropped to his knees. "I need you. I need you so bad. I am in love with you, I'm not in love with Sema anymore. I just think about the connection I had with the kids and her sometimes. I'm still hurting from that but don't give up on me. Please, don't leave me. I'll do anything." A few tears escaped his eyes, and Nadia's tears followed suit.

"You have to give her up, By! I cant keep doing this. I am genuinely in love with you and my heart can't take this."

"I will baby. Im so sorry. I will."

"I think...I think you should get therapy, By. I think this was traumatic or something for you. Maybe they can hell you get over her."

"Anything baby. Ill try it."

"I mean it, By. No more Sema or I walk, and I'm not leaving Braileigh behind either."

"No more Sema, baby. I promise." He hugged her waist letting his remainding tears soak into her shirt.

---

Nadia sat up in bed and stretched. As she opened her eyes, she saw the flowers surrounding her whole bed. Right on cue, Byron came in holding their daughter in one arm and balancing her a breakfast tray in the opposite hand.

"See I told you mommy was up this time, Leigh." Nadia tried to mask the smile that was creeping up on her face.

"What's all this?"

"I owe you so much after last night. I really am sorry and this doesn't make up for it but this is my start. I made strawberry cheesecake pancakes, crispy bacon, cheesy eggs, and squeezed you some fresh mango juice," he told her, settings the tray beside her.

She couldn't help but to smile at his gesture. Everything on the tray looked like it came straight from a five-star hotel's room service. This was a perk for marrying a chef.

"Thank you, By."

"Read the notecard too," he urged. She hadn't even noticed it before he mentioned it. Picking it up, she read it out loud.

I am so in love with you and I mean it. I'm not trying to buy your forgiveness but I just want to do a couple things for you today to show more appreciation. After breakfast, I have a hair stylist, nail tech, and Terry bringing by some outfits from you to choose from. Tonight, join me for dinner at that new restaurant you wanted to visit. Its all about you. Today, tomorow, and from now on.

She was grinning from ear to ear when she closed the note and was practically speechless.

"I already called your mom and she's going to keep Leigh for us. So I'm about to head over there now to drop her off."

"Thank you, By. This means more than you think."

"I was hoping it would."

- - -

Sema and Dave arrived at Tao later than expected to since they decided to pull over and have a session, not to mention the traffic.

"Dave, imma beat your ass for ripping my dress," she threatened, causing him to laugh.

"I told you to hurry up and take it off. You aint do it fast enough."

"So foul," she said, chuckling herself. They linked arms and made their way to the entrance.

Dave held the door open and let her walk in first before he followed right behind.

"I gotta go to the restroom," she turned back around to inform him.

"Cool. We should have the table by the time you back." She nodded and scurried off to the restroom.

Meanwhile, Byron and Nadia were on their way out.

"Baby, can we get a photo right here? I love the decor."

"Hold up. My man," he called out to Dave. Dave raised his head, wondering what the man wanted. "Can you take this pic for us?"

"Iigh," Dave agreed. Byron handed his phone over and posed with Nadia.

Dave snapped a couple pictures before handing Byron his phone back

"Appreciate it man."

"Aint nothin'."

Byron handed his phone over to Nadia so she could look at the pictures. "I'm gonna run to the restroom right quick if you wanna sit, bae.

"Sure," she said taking the to-go bag from him also. Byron made way down the hallway towards the bathrooms. Just as he was approaching the men's door, a lady was coming out of the women's and bumped in to him.

"Oh, God. I'm s-" Sema froze when she got a look at him. His whole body tensed up as well.

"S-Sema?"

_________________________________

I'm gonna try to update again this week, but I start a new job tomorrow and my training's at night.

Until next time ❤