Six.

Sema rose about six a.m. Saturday morning to get a head start on the food and decorations for the party. The party was something last minute, but she still wanted everything to be done up nicely.

Humming a song to herself, she laid the ingredients out on the bar to make the snacks. The bar filled up quick, and those ingredients were only for half the food she was going to prepare. Anybody who knew Sema, knew she could get carried away with parties for her kids. All of their birthday and holiday parties had been over the top, and even though this party was out of the blue, it wasn't going to be anything short of the others. She couldn't help herself. If she hadn't become a doctor, she would have took up party planning.

About an hour and a half later, she had several trays of fruits, candies, sandwiches, etc. made. Since they all wouldn't fit in the fridge in the kitchen, she took the rest to her 2nd fridge.

"There are a million.. more..dreams..being.. dreamt..tonight," Sema sung, as she bent down stacking trays in the bottom of the fridge. "But somehow..this..one..feels like..it just might."

Sema smiled to herself as she closed the fridge. Ever since she heard the song, she couldn't shake the tune from her head. She turned to leave out the room, only to jump as she came face to face with Dave.

He scrunched his eyebrows together as he looked at her strangely. "You a doctor, you cook, you take homeless people in, you beautiful, you sing...where your wings at, ma? You gotta be some kind of angel or som'n."

Sema chuckled a bit. "You're silly."

"I'm deadass. Ain't nobody this perfect."

"You're right; Nobody. I'm not perfect."

"Coulda fooled me. You always get up this early?"

"Not always, but I had to get started on the food for the party.

Dave frowned, confused. "I thought the party was at two."

"Oh it is, but there's a lot to do before then."

"Whose birthday?" He questioned. " I
thought it was just a random little party."

"Oh nobody's. It is."

Dave chuckled heartily. "You wild, ma. But what else you gotta do?"

"A lot."

"Lemme rephrase that question; What you need me to do?"

"Dave you don't have to do anything. I've got it, really."

"Na. Like I said yesterday, what I look like sitting on my ass? Gimme som'n to do."

"Can you put up the decorations?"

"Of course. What else?"

"Can you set up the water slide by the pool ? It's in the storage unit out back.

"Damn, how big is your "out back" ? You got storage units and shit."

"Just try not to get lost back there," Sema joked, following up with a chuckle. "I'm gonna work on some more food. If you're looking for something just let me know."

Sema Dave went their separate ways; her to the kitchen and him to the backyard. Sema took out the ingredients to start her chili, as Dave just stood on the deck, admiring the backyard.