Five.

Dave held the freshly rolled blunt to his mouth, taking a long drag before exhaling the smoke, only to suck most of it right back in immediately after it was released.

He was just sitting out on terrace to his penthouse, taking in the city. It took him a couple years to get to where he was at this point in his life, but after nearly 5 years of pushing work, he managed to do so. He wasn't necessarily proud of the way he had to go about achieving his current lifestyle, but damnit he wasn't ashamed. Because of it, he was able to get a nice ass penthouse, he was able to buy a space and renovate it for his newly opened club, and he and his 2 month old baby girl were set.

The doorbell chimed, causing Dave to stray from his thoughts. He outed his blunt, going back inside to see who was at his door. He peered through the peephole, seeing his baby's mother standing outside along with two police offers.

"The fuck?!" He unlocked the door and swung it open. "Millie what the fuck is going on?!"

Millie just smirked and said nothing, as one of the officers spoke instead. "Sir, we have a search warrant to search your place for drugs."

"Drugs? Na. Y'all got me mistaken. Ain't no drugs here. Just my weed, and it's prescription."

"We have reason to believe otherwise. You're going to have to let us inside sir."

"Man, y'all on bullshit today. Fuck it, come in." Dave stepped the side, letting the police and Millie in.

Dave didn't sell work anymore, and never used the product. He didn't have anything to hide. He leaned against the wall, watching the officers ransack his entire place before mugging Millie. She tried to ignore his stare as she picked at her nails.

"What you got these muh'fuckas up in here searchin' my place for Millie, huh? You know ain't shit up in here."

"I don't know anything. I'm just being cautious of my child's environment."

"You ain't seen your child in two weeks. Now you so fuckin' concerned? You full of bullshit, Mil."

"What the fuck ever, Dave. I've been busy, and you agreed to keep her for as how long as I need you to."

"Cause she my fuckin' daughter! If it was up to me, she'd always be with me, cause you act like she not yours. You don't give a damn about Kairi. And busy doing what? You don't do shit. You don't work, and you barely clean your fuckin' house."

"Stop lying on my name, David."

"Where's the lie? Cause I'm spittin' facts."

"I'm so fucking tired of you, David! Stop pressing me, damn! I need a break sometimes."

"Stop being a fuckin' bum, Milagrito!  A break from what? Like I said, you don't do shit."

"Fuck you, David. I take care of my child."

"When, where, how? Kairi been with you like a week total since she been born, and she almost 3 months now. I buy all her shit. You won't even change her diaper. So what the fuck are you doin' for her?"

Millie drew her hand back to slap Dave but he caught her hand before she could.

"I hope the fuck you do. Imma get these police to arrest your crazy ass while they here."

Millie hacked up as much saliva as she could, and spit it right in Dave's face.

"Fuck you."

Dave pushed her back with so much force she went sliding across the floor.

"I swear you fuckin' tryin' it today! Imma two piece your dumb ass and bond myself right out after. Chill the fuck out. Nasty ass bitch." Dave made his way to the kitchen, wetting some paper towel and wiping the spit off his face. Just moments later, one of the officers appeared in the kitchen, holding up something.

"Can you explain how we found 2 bags of this in the closet of your child's room?"

"Yo, that ain't mine bruh. I don't where you got that from, but it ain't come from nowhere in this house. I don't do drugs, I don't sell drugs, and I wouldn't bring no drugs around my child."

"Mhm. I see. Mr. Brewster, we're gonna have to take you in."

"Listen to what I'm tellin' you! That's not my fuckin' drugs!"

"Put your hands on your head, and turn around."

"Yo just listen!"

The other officer appeared in the kitchen with his gun drawn. "You heard my partner! Put your fuckin' hands on your fuckin' head and turn the fuck around, punk!" Dave abided and just continued to do what he was told, not wanting to get shot.

"David Brewster, you're under arrest for possession of a controlled substance..."

He knew Millie was crazy, but he didn't know she'd go as far as to set him up.

"Yo, I need to see my daughter man."

"I've got her," Millie appeared in the kitchen also, holding a now crying Kairi with a smirk on her face. "Mommy's here."

Tears rolled down Dave's face, for he knew that would be his last time seeing Kairi for a long time.

✋🏽

Part of Dave's backstory. Just a short chapter to hold y'all over until I can get something better written 😩Excuse the mistakes.