Twenty-Eight.

Dave held a firm grip on Sema's throat as he hemmed her up against the refrigerator.

"Bitch, you got me fucked up," he spat, gripping her neck tighter as he finished the sentence. Sema's hands clawed at his, desperately trying to gain a release of her throat, but his hand remained unmoved. She tried to tell him she couldnt breathe but no words came.

"I'mma fucking kill you, bitch! You knew all along!" Without another word, Dave also wrapped his other hand around her fragile neck, sliding her up the fridge.

Sema frantically continued to claw at his hands. At this point she was drawing blood but his grip was unnerved. He continued choking her and she felt herself become dizzy, before completely losing consciousness.

Sema's sweaty body jerked up out of bed, her neck cupped by her own hands. She coughed a bit before looking around the room. To her right, was a sleeping Dave.

Just a dream she said to herself as she released a sigh of relief. Throwing the covers back, she swung her feet out the side and headed to the kitchen. Swinging open the refrigerator door, she retrieved a bottle of green tea from the top shelf. After closing it, she grabbed a Special K™ Cereal Bar from on top. She took a seat at the bar and let her mind wander back to the dream she just had.

She hadn't dreamed in the longest and for that kind of dream to come out of nowhere, she was perplexed. She was one of those people that believed every dream meant something, even if it was the craziest thing on earth. But what could this one possibly mean?

She was pulled from her thoughts as she felt arms wrap around her from behind. Off contact, she jumped but relaxed when she realized they were Dave's.

"What you doing out of bed beautiful?" He questioned in his raspy tone as he yawned in her ear.

"Bad dream," she informed him, subconsciously rubbing her neck.

"Iigh. Let's go back to sleep and Im'ma try to come in your dream and fuck whoever scarin' you up."

Sema chuckled at his suggestion.

"You're so damn silly," she said, shaking her head.

"Iigh you right. That one no good. How bout a story?" He suggested, making Sema suck her teeth.

"I aint a baby Dave."

"Yeah, you my baby actually. I aint talking bout no lil blind bo peep shit anyways. Imma tell you about me, you know, before all this wack ass shit that happened."

"Forreal?" Sema questioned, surprised. Dave never liked to talk about himself. He had only told her small things about his past before; like hin going to jail, his daughter being taken, and his family disowning him.

"Forreal, ma ma. Come to bed." Sema wasted no time hopping off the stool and power walking to the bedroom. Dave chuckled and threw her trash away before following suit. When he walked in the bedroom, he couldn't help but laugh at the sight. Sema was laid on her back with the covers way up to her chin, and wiggling her feet back and forward.

"You looking real MacKenzie-ish right now." Sema only smiled.

"Story time," she simply said. Dave shook his head and walked around to his side of the bed.

"Iigh so what you wanna k-"

"Everything," Sema said, cutting him off.

"Eager ass," Dave chuckled. "Well... I lived with my moms when I was little, and aunt when I was a teen, cause ma wasn't having my lifestyle. I played a lil basketball and football, mostly basketball though. Became a crip then too; honestly thats why moms sent me to my aunt. I went to prison because of my baby moms, she had set me up. I know I shouldn't have been slanging in the first place, but that shit they found wasn't mine. I aint even bring my weed home with me, I definitely wouldn't bring no rock." Sema sat up in bed to finish talking to Dave.