Ten.

Two weeks had passed since the incident at Sema's mother's house, but yet and still, it weighed heavily on her mind.

Aeris was her sister, and she didn't want to be at odds with her. She couldn't even believe that they went as far as putting their hands on each other. In the 21 years of her sister being alive, they had never fell out so bad. They never really had a deep sisterly bond because they were like daylight and darkness, and they never hung around each other like that to argue, and get in fights, even when they were younger. But still that was her sister.

Sema didn't share what happened on the balcony with her sister that night. She knew if she told her mother about it, that she'd just take Aeris' side; she had always been like that. Aeris was her baby girl, and she felt that she could do no wrong. Even with Aeris basically flunking out of college, their mom was just letting her move back and home and continuing to spoil her.

She also didn't tell Dave about it either. She didn't want him to know the vile things that Aeris said about him, him to get offended by it, and think that she shared some of the same thoughts. She and her children had gotten comfortable with Dave, and he had become a big help around the house. She didn't want anything to switch up.

The sound of McKenzie screaming caused Sema to drop this dish she was washing back into the sink and rush off to see what was happening. When she reached McKenzie's room, she saw McKenzie laid out on the floor, holding her head, Dave knelt down beside her, and Kieran over in the corner looking guilty as ever.

"What the hell is going on in here?!"

McKenzie continued to hold her head as she began to explain what happened through heavy tears.

"Kier-ay push me... and make me hit my hay," (Kieran pushed me and made me hit my head).

Sema focused her glare over to Kieran, who was now crying.

"Kieran, I'm gonna beat your ass! I told you stop putting your hands on your sister. Let me find a belt!" She went to McKenzie's drawers, in search of a belt to whoop Kieran with.

"No! I'm sorry! I don't want a whooping!"

"Too bad then! I already warned you before," she retorted, pulling a black belt out of the drawer. She started making her way over to Kieran, but Dave stopped.

"Wait a minute. Lemme talk to 'im."

Sema had to turn her whole body towards Dave, and just look at him.

"Talk? No, he needs his ass beat. She could've gotten seriously hurt.

"Look, trust me. Take shorty, make sure she all good. Lemme handle little man."

Sema had to think about it for a minute. "Fine," she told Dave, then focused her attention back on Kieran. "Let it happen again, and Dave won't be able to save you from a whooping. Come on baby girl." She helped McKenzie up off the floor and took her into the next the next room.

About ten minutes later the door creaked open to Kieran's room and him and Dave appeared in the kitchen. Kieran was barely in good view before he began to ramble on.

"Kenzie, I'm sorry for pushing you. If you wanna play my game now you can. Or I can play dolls with you. Or we could go play outside. And I'll clean your toys up for you. And you can have some of my snacks. And, and...."