Twenty-Three.

Sema sat at the island bar, anxiously tapping her nails against the countertop as she watched Dave stir in the pot. She couldn't really be mad at what he had done because of the way she had spoken to him. She deserved it. But he had her all hot and bothered, and the fact that he wasn't going to do anything about it irritated her.

"You want garlic bread?" Dave asked her as he sliced pieces off and put them in a baking pan.

"Um...yeah," Sema replied. She could barely get her words out with how flustered she was. Dave chuckled to himself and shook his head as he continued to prepare the garlic bread. Sema continued to wiggle in her seat as she simultaneously tapped her nails against the countertop.

"Yo, you good?" He questioned, looking back at her. It amused to him to see her like this.

"Peachy," she lied, flashing a fake smile. As soon she turned around, she rolled her eyes so far back you would've think they would have gotten stuck. Her fast tapping came to a halt as an idea popped into her head.

"Two can play this game," she thought to herself. She smirked as she climbed off the barstool.

"I'll be back," she told him, disappearing out of the kitchen.

About 10 minutes later Sema walked back in the kitchen dressed in some Nike running shorts and a Calvin Klein sports bra, dashed with a few sprays of Marc Jacobs' Daisy.

She hopped up on her previous seat on the barstool, which caused Dave to look back. He poked his tongue into his jaw and chuckled.

"You think you slick, huh?" He questioned her.

"Huh?" Sema repeated, acting dumb. Dave just shook his head and laughed.

"You somethin' serious, yo. Whatever you tryna pull ain't gon' work."

"I just went and got comfortable. I'm not pulling anything," she denied, fighting the urge to smirk.

"Right," Dave retorted sarcastically. "Well, food's done. I'mma get the kids so we can eat."

"Go ahead," Sema told him. She hurriedly hopped off the barstool, and made her way around the bar, making sure that her body brushed up against Dave's. She closed her eyes and shuddered. Just that little contact had her on edge.

"Just evil," Dave mumbled as he squeezed past her. She bit her lip as she waited for him to be out of the room. Once he was, she released the breath that she holding. Shaking the feeling, she started fixing a plate for everybody.

By the time Dave came back with the kids, she had their plates fixed and placed on the table.

"What do you want Dave?" Sema asked him, picking up another empty plate.

"I'll get it, ma."

"I already have it in my hand so I'll get it," she enforced with a smile.

Dave chuckled and just told her what he wanted since she insisted. After all their plates were fixed, they all sat down to eat their meal.

The whole time they were eating, Sema and Dave barely took their eyes off each other, so neither had really touched their food. The tension was so thick a knife probably wouldn't even be able to cut it.

"Finished!" Both McKenzie and Kieran exclaimed simultaneously, McKenzie just half a second after.

"I told y'all stop that racing," Sema fussed. "But go ahead to your rooms. The kids didn't spare any time before hppping out of their seats and heading off to their rooms.

Clearing his throat, Dave spoke up. "Imma go to the bathroom right quick."

Sema nodded. As soon as Dave was out of sight, Sema grabbed her phone and texted Taia.