Thirty-Four.

"Where are we going again, mommy?" McKenzie asked as she tried to peek over the seat.

"We're going to meet someone."

"Oh," McKenzie simply stated, sitting back in her seat. "Someone like who?" She peeked over the seat.

"It's a surprise, Ken. We've already been through this."

"Oh yeah! Can I have a hint, mommy. Please, please, please!"

"Fine, I'll give you a hint. It's a man." McKenzie rubbed her chin, thinking of who the man could be.

"Hmmm...ooh! Is it Mr. Dave? We haven't seen Mr. Dave in 50,000 years."

"Five days, Kenzie," Kieran corrected. "But where is Mr. Dave, ma?"

Sema became choked up. She knew the kids were going to ask about Dave sooner or later, but it still caught her off guard.

"Well..um..Dave won't be around for a while. He's..um..he's away on business." She didn't like lying to them, minus having them believe that mythological beings such as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy existed. She couldn't break the news to them that they may never see him again because it would hurt them. They loved Dave, and she didn't want to say it out loud either because frankly, she still loved him too.

"How long is a while mommy?" McKenzie questioned.

"We're here!" Sema exclaimed as she slyly avoided McKenzie's question. As soon as Sema parked, McKenzie and Kieran were swinging their doors open.

"Wait! I have to text him to see where he is first," she told them.

"Who?" McKenzie asked again, for the fifth time.

"You're about to see, Ken. I promise." Sema pulled out her phone and sent Byron a text.

Where are u? I'm here.

Within the same minute she got a response.

At the gazebo.

"Okay guys, let's go. And no running off!" The three made their way towards the park's gazebo. As they got closer, Byron came into view.

He began to cheese as he noticed them walking his way

He began to cheese as he noticed them walking his way. He stood up from the table and rubbed his sweaty hands on his joggers.

As they made it up to him, Kieran and McKenzie moved from beside Sema to behind her, growing shy.

"What's good Sem?" He greeted, as he pulled her in for a hug and placed a kiss on her cheek. She hurried and pulled away and forced a smile, causing him to clear his throat.

"Hey McKenzie, hey Kieran," he greeted the kids. McKenzie's immediately frowned up as she stepped out from behind Sema.

"How do you know our names?" Byron looked to Sema and frowned for second, but it quickly vanished.