Eighteen.

Dave stood in the middle of aisle 7, looking back and forward between the grocery list and the shopping cart, trying to make sure he got everything Sema sent him for. Sema was hosting a huge Christmas party at her place, so a 3 page list was only suitable.

Four weeks had passed since that whole ordeal, and things were starting to look up. Sema had since helped Dave enroll in barber's school for the next term; turns out he had a knack for cutting hair. As promised by Tony, who was Sema's brother's best friend and business partner, as soon as he finishes up there, he would have a job in his shop as a Barber's apprentice.

The money from Meredith supplied Dave with a new wardrobe, new phone and computer, helped him pay for barber school, and left him with over $34,000 to do what he pleased.

Although Sema told him that he didn't need to, Dave planned to get an apartment for himself, but with the felony charge on his record, landlords were denying his applications coming and going. He knew it would come in due time though. In the mean time, there was no rush for him to leave Sema's house. He loved being around Sema and the kids and they loved him being around. He just felt as a man, he shouldn't have to rely on a woman for a place to stay.

"Excuse me, handsome," he heard a small voice say from behind him. He turned back to see a woman trying to get through with her buggy.

"Oh, my fault," he apologized, moving the buggy to one side

"It's no problem. You need some help or something? You look a little lost."

"Oh, nah. I was just checking to make sure I had everything shorty put on this list," he informed her, going back to doing the same thing.

"Every woman knows you don't send your man out grocery shopping," she joked.

"Well, she not exactly my girl, and she at work."

"I see," she nodded, "So what are y'all, friends with benefits?" Dave furrowed his thick eyebrows. She was a little too nosey for his liking.

Sema and him weren't a couple. That wasn't even close to being brought up in a conversation. It's not that he didn't feel something for her, because he did, and it's not because she didn't feel something for him, because she did. It was more so because the whole timing was just awkward and neither of them had tried to express their feelings to the other.

Sema felt as though, Dave probably didn't see her in that way, because he hadn't made any moves. Dave felt the same, and also felt that he wasn't good enough for Sema. He felt as if he wasn't in the place to be the man that she needed.

They also weren't friends with benefits. The only time they two had a sexual encounter, or even shared a kiss, was when they were both drunk that fateful night.

(Chapter 7 Recap)
Dave opened the door shirtless, and she just couldn't help herself. She basically jumped on him, leaving him to hold her weight up, and wrapped her legs around him. She began kissing him with such hunger. Within just moments, he began to kiss her back.