4. Backstories

(Nico)
Will expression softened along with his voice. "I know," he put a sympathetic hand on my shoulder, which was awkward with the way my hands were tied. I recoiled from his touch, but he didn't take his hand away. "So let's try to forgive each other."

I glared. Yeah, right. "What do you mean?"

He gave me a kind smile. Not even I could deny it, this vampire was attractive. Hot even. The thought entered my mind without permission, without warning. "Tell me," he said, interrupted my humiliating thoughts, "Who did my kind take from you?" His words surprised me. He had just directly stated that he was a vampire, the same creature that killed someone close to me.

I was going to ask why he cared, but decided it wasn't worth arguing. "My mother and sister."

"What were their name?" He asked.

"Maria and Bianca,"

"Such pretty names.. I'm sorry." I searched his face, but I couldn't find any sign that he was lying.

"Thank you," I wasn't sure what I was feeling at that point. "Who did my kind take from you?" I asked because it seemed like the right thing to do.

He looked down. "Two of my half brothers. Michael Yew and Lee Fletcher." When he looked back up at me, I saw tears gathering in his beautiful cerulean eyes, and I had the strange urge to touch his face. You're not supposed to feel sympathy for it, I told myself, This is a beast in human form. But now that I was actually talking to one...

"You said 'two of'," I found myself saying, "How many half-siblings do you have?"

He gave a lopsided smile. "I don't know, honestly. My dad is..quite the bachelor..." He trailed off. "What about your dad?"

I shrugged awkwardly. "My dad was never really around much. He disappeared completely when I was ten; same year Bianca died. Most people think he killed himself."

"Dam," Will said, "So you're just completely alone in this world in this world aren't-cha?"

"Well, I've got my half-sister and some friends, so.." Why was I speaking so freely to him? It was his kind that made things this way! I couldn't let him trick me. I couldn't start trusting him. I would only play along until he let me go. "What about your mom?"

Now it was him turn to shrug. "I never really knew her. Just that her name was Naomi and that she was a country singer."

"What happened to her?" I would never admit this out loud, but I was genuinely curious about this bo–thing's experiences.

"She killed by another vampire when I was.. I don't know, young. I really don't know much about the whole ordeal; don't really want to."

I was about to ask how old he was when something horrible occurred to me. "Merda."

Word count: 480

I. Am. So. Sorrythatthiswassolate, pleaseforgivemeeeee...

I BARLEY met the "update every week day" promise!! AHHH!! AND, to top it off, the chapter feels so short!! AAAGHHH!!! *please send help*

Yeah, today they actually same us WORK at school, and I hardly had any free time. Then, at lunch, people kept making me *shutter* interact with them. It was awful.

I feel like the last couple of chapter have been kinda sucky, what do you think? Last chapter and this one were like ninety percent dialogue, and I suck at dialogue, so.... Constructive criticism anyone? Please??