15. The Neighborhood Cat

(Will)
I looked up from the book I was reading to find Nico stumbling out of the bedroom, still looking half-asleep.

"Mornin', Sunshine," I said with a smirk, "You've been asleep for nearly two days now, Cutie. What gives?"

"Two days?" he asked groggily, "Dio..."

"Two days," I confirmed, "Do you want some fresh clothes? I think one of my younger half-brothers who use to live here is about your size."

Nico looked surprised, but nodded. "Thank you."

I nodded back, set my book down, and went to get to get the clothes.

"No bright colors, please," Nico called after me. I chuckled.

After selecting a dark gray T-shirt (because there were no black ones) and a pair of skinny jeans, I went back to Nico. "Here ya go, one fresh set of clothes, no bright colors, as ordered. The shirt may be a little on the big side, but the jeans should fit fine."

"That's okay. Thank you, Will." He left to change.

By the time he got back, I already had my shoes on and was waiting on the white love seat that wasn't used enough. I was right; the shirt was little baggy on him, but in a cute way. I smiled. "Looks good on you," I said, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me get my shoes." When he walked by me, I couldn't help but notice how the skinny jeans perfectly shaped his cute little– Clean thoughts, Will. Clean thoughts.

Nico looked at me, his shoes now firmly on his feet. "After you."

~~~Small Time Skip~~~

Nico stopped suddenly. "Did I just hear a cat?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, he's right over there," I said, pointing to the fluffy black kitten sitting beside–almost under–a small bush. "His name's Sky. He just showed up one day, and now he's the neighborhood pet."

Nico knelt down in front of the kitten. "He's so cute.." He held a in front of Sky, then proceeded to to pick him up to examine him. "He has weird eyes," he said, looking at me before cuddling the little fur ball to his chest, "Too intelligent for an animal.."

My face flushed. "Yeah, that's probably my fault," I admitted, scratching the back of my neck.

He looked confused. "How so?"

"Er.. Well, when this whole project thing with the blood tablets started, and they weren't any good, I may have sorta kinda gotten thirsty, and may have sorta kinda bit the cat." Nico raised his eyebrows. "Yeah, I'm about eighty percent sure he's a vampire cat now."

He tilted his head. "I thought you said vampires didn't turn other things into vampires without meaning to."

"We don't," I agreed, "I was thinking about what would happen if a human was bitten by a vampire cat. The day after, Lou said it was thinking like a human. I'm not sure animals if can be turned, but..."

Suddenly, Nico yelped, and Sky ran off. "He bit me!" Nico looked slightly offended, and I almost laughed. Then I smelled the blood. It's wasn't as intoxicating as before, probably because there wasn't as much, but it was still so tempting...

I quickly shook my head, pulled a bit of tissue out of my pocket, and handed it to him. "Here."

He looked up and took it. "Thanks," he said, wrapping it around his hand. "Dannazione, that hurt!"

I chuckled. "You'll be okay, Cutie." I held out my hand to him and he took, letting me pull him up.

He sighed. "Well, I guess we'll find out, huh."

"Find out what?"

He give lopsided smile. "Whether that was a vampire cat; and what'll happen if it is."

"Heh, I guess you're right." I checked my watch. "Geez, the sun is about to come up.. We'd better head home."

Nico's eyes grew into saucers. "But I just woke up!"

"We'll now you can go back to sleep. I'm sorry, Cutie, but you need to stay on a regular sleeping schedule."

"Can't I just walk around outside?" he whined.

"Nope. For all I know, you might try to escape. Can't have that, now can we?" I smirked.

He crossed his arm stubbornly over his chest. "You'll have to carry me."

I grinned. "Okay."

"Wait, wha–AHHH, WILL PUT ME DOWN!" I'd scooped him up and thrown him over my shoulder like a potato sack. He started kicking and yelling as I calmly walked home. "WILL, I SWEAR TO EVERYTHING THAT HOLY, IF YOU DON'T PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW, I AM GOING TO–"

"Cutie," I interrupted, "if you don't stop kicking and screaming, I will take drastic measures to shut you up."

That seemed to have a instant calming effect on him. He quieted and slumped over my shoulder. When we got home, I dropped him on the bed and snuggled under the covers next to him.

Word count: 804

HIII, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LONGER!! BUT I'M SO TIRED, so I'm just gonna do a part two tomorrow. Should I name the chapter? I feel like I should name them.. Problem is, I suck at naming things. :)

So, yeah, this chapter is dedicated to SignificantAnnoyance requesting that I add a cat in the first place! :P Go follow this person right now! ^^

*crazy eyes* I said RIGHT NOW, dammit!

Yeah, I'm definitely naming this chapter; I'll go through and think of names for the other ones tomorrow, or whenever I stop being the lazy.