9. The Sad Truth

We made our way back to Will's house in comfortable silence. Once there, I walked into his kitchen, a simple one with cream colored wall, dark wooded cabinets, and white countertops. I liked it.

"Just help yourself to whatever," Will said, sounding a bit tired, "Today is leftover night because I'm too lazy to cook anything. Plus, the fridge needs cleaning out anyway." I nodded and opened the rather large refrigerator, scanning its contents. I settled on spaghetti put it into the microwave, while Will just dropped one of his blood tablets into a little glass. The microwave beeped, and Will lead me to the spacious dining room, complete with the large mahogany table and fancy light fixtures. I took a bite of my food, and my I'm sure my eyes lit up.

"Hey, for a guy doesn't need to eat, you're a pretty good cook," I told Will. I thought for a moment that he blushed, but I must have been mistaken.

"Thanks," he said quietly, his eyes focused on his glass. He lifted it, but paled just before it reached his lips and he all but slammed it back to the table, his eye screwed shut. He looked like he might throw up.

I tilted my head. "What's wrong?" I asked, "Does artificial blood taste bad, or something?" I wasn't sure why I was so concerned, but I was. It's just because he might turn on me if he doesn't get his fixing of the stuff, I told myself, because there was no way in hell that I could possibly be concerned for his general well-being. He was a monster. He didn't have a well-being.

Will gave a small chuckle, "Not really, though now that you mention it, it does kind of taste like watered down possum's blood. But I don't really mind that; it's..nothing." He forced down the red liquid in a single gulp.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why do you know what possum's blood tastes like," I asked through a forkful of noodles.

Will sighed. "Desperation. To be frank, we have a lot more self-control now, but vampires are still beasts. and we'll still lash out at the first human we see if we're thirsty enough. That's just in our nature." He seemed so...sad...right then. He sighed again. "I didn't want to attack some innocent human. The possum was just the closest thing to me at the time."

"Oh..." I ate the rest of my dinner in silence.

Will stood. "Excuse me." He walked swiftly toward the bathroom. I nodded though his back was to me, then took the plate I was using to the kitchen so I could wash it. Will came back as I was was drying my hands, still looking a bit sick.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he said, "I'm just really tried is all. Come on. We're going to bed." He took my wrist and started pulling me to the bedroom.

"'We'....?"

My mind's eye saw him rolling his eyes. "Yes, 'we', Cutie. Mine is the only bedroom in the house, and there's no way you're sleeping on the couch or floor. My bed is the only suitable place for you to sleep." Deciding it wasn't worth fighting over, I sigh in defeat and allowed him to pull me along to the bedroom.

Word count: 561
(This author's note is somewhat important, as it involves this fic's update schedule. Please read.)

UUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH, I FEEL LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!

I added a bunch of stuff as I was typing this. In my notebook, it's just a little over a half-page. I've just been so tired lately.

I was wondering how you guys would feel if I cut back to every other day? That way, the chapters would be a bit longer, and it would take a lot of the stress off of me. That sounds selfish, but I have a life outside of this, and we're having nine weeks testing right now, so.. Vote? I don't think very many people read this, but.. *checks to see how many reads this has* *eyes widen* 263, WHAT THE FUCK?! HOW?! (Love you all! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ )

*ahem* Anyway, as I was saying, you guy's happiness is important to me, and I want to make sure you guys have consistent updates, since I know how annoying it is to wait for several months for your favorite story to update. It sucks.

But, at the same time, it's freaking hard to squeeze out a sizable chapter every single day. But I want you guys to decide. Keep updating the way I am, with unpredictable endings (like this one, lol(I promise, I didn't plan this; it just happened, and I didn't even realize it until just now.), or update every other day, and have longer chapters, hopefully with proper endings?

LOVE YOU ALLL!!! THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!!!!
(#^.^#)