27. The Newcomers

April Fools

Just kidding
------------------------------------

(Will's POV)
I quietly gave Nico a gray T-shirt and jeans, both I knew would be too big for him, it was the best I could do. Anyway, he was cute when he wore oversized clothes.

He rushed to the bathroom to change, though I wished he would just change in here. I'd already bitten him, marked him. Whether he realized it or not, our thoughts were literally connected now. That was about as intimate as it could get. Me seeing him change honestly seemed like a step down from that. Then again, humans are very different than vampires.

From what I understood, humans are a lot more shy about things like sex and nudity because it was like us bitting each other. It could be intimate and sensual, or it could be violent and painful. It was kind of funny to me, the difference. Sex just wasn't as big of a deal.

(Nico's POV)
Will took his sweet time changing.

I took the time to sit in the living room and really think about whatever-the-hell just happened.

Will "marked" me last night. Tonight he was thirsty. I could somehow feel his thirst; I could feel how much it hurt. I let him drink my blood. I almost passed out, but he healed me. We kissed. Lou and Cecil interrupted. Now we're going to see a spy and an old colleague, who probably think I'm dead. What the fuck is my life.

(Time skip because I'm a lazy author)

(Will)
By the time we got outside, there was already a huge crowd surrounding Piper and Jason. Even a few of the senators had come, seeming just to add to commotion.

Nico and I pushed our way through to them, and Jason was quite understandably confused when Nico caught his eye.

(Jason)
Everything was so loud. It was a little overwhelming how many of these people had to see us. Really, all it wanted to do was sleep at this point; it had been a long journey, and adjusting to my new vampire skin hadn't made it any easier.

Obviously, I left my girlfriend so all the talking, taking this as a chance to try to memorize names and faces as Piper greeted them. Silena(black hair, pale, female), Leo(dark hair, Hispanic, male, goofy smile), Kayla(blonde, white, female), Annabeth(blonde, scary gray eyes, female, very close with Piper), Percy(dark hair, Latino(?), greenish blue eyes, probably Annabeth's boyfriend).... I got lost at Persephone, who was apparently a senator.

Then I met the eyes of a familiar face. "Nico?" I called. It was definitely him. His hair had grown out, and he was considerably paler than before, but it was him. He was standing very close to a taller blond guy with and elegant face and broad shoulders. I let go of Piper's hand and walked over to them.

So yeah, I have no excuse. I'll post another chapter explaining my situation, but for now, I just want to apologize.

I and so, so sorry for leaving you guys for so long. That was not cool. I realize that I cut the chapter off before the good shit happened, but I wanted to get this out before midnight.