6. The Question Game

After the tour, Will started leading me back to his house. "You be staying with me for the time being," he said.

"Wait, why?" I asked, alarmed.

He looked at me over his shoulder. "Well," he paused, "Normally you'd be staying with Cecil because he, uh, caught you, but he's a bit..new..to this project... He still chafes under the rules. You're staying with me because I was a pacifist even before the blood tablets, so I'd be the least likely to attack you."

My brow furrowed. "Before the tablets? How? Don't vampires need human blood to survive?"

He hesitated. "Well, that's generally the more..for lack of better word, desirable option, but I mostly fed of small animals. Still do sometimes simply because it's fun for me."

"Why?" I'd only heard of a vampire who drank the blood animals instead of humans in cheesy books and movies.

"I just didn't feel right about. Something most vampires don't think about, most humans have family and friends just like we do. If I were to kill you right now, someone would miss you. Ironically, hunters don't really think about about it either, according to Lou, anyway. I have a pretty good idea of how you guys think of us. Beasts in human form who drink the blood of living humans, right?" He looked at me quizzically.

I didn't know how to respond, mostly because he was right. I'd never known, never even considered, that vampires could have families, children, parents, wives and husbands. How many vampire parents had I killed without a second thought? How many children were now orphans because of me? How many wives widowed? How many husbands without wives? "I'm sorry," was all I could manage.

I looked up and saw Will smiling down at me sadly. "I'm not mad. Actually, you have every right to feel this way about us, considering everything. The point is, the cycle needs to stop. Yeah, there will always be the one that ruins it for everyone, the one who refuses to change, but it's time we make peace. We've already found an alternative to human blood. We just need to work out the kinks."

"It's a good goal to work toward," I admitted, "A lot of obstacles, though. On both sides."

"I know. That's why it needs to be done now," he said as we neared his house, a two-story mansion. That seemed to be all this town was. Extravagant mansions and beautiful people. It seemed odd that it was so remote. Will opened the door for me, and I walked in, nodding my thanks to him to be polite. "Make yourself comfortable," he said, gesturing at the couch in the living room, which was the first thing you saw when you walked in, as he closed the door behind him. I took the hint and sat down. Will say next to me, just far enough away not to touch, but I had the feeling that he would have much trouble catching me if tried to run. I'd made no attempts during the tour; I'd thought it might be a perfect opportunity for escape, except for the fact that I'm a scrawny fourteen-year-old, and I was basically surrounded by vampires that could easily kill me at any time because everyone probably thought I was dead anyway. Will propped his elbows in his knees, resting his chin of his laced fingers. "Let's play a game," he said.

(Will)
"A game?" Nico asked, obviously startled by my sudden proposal.

"A question game. I want to get to know you," I explained.

He shrugged. "Okay then. You start."

"Favorite color?" I asked immediately.

"How original of you," he teased, "And, I like brown or silver. Not next each other, but..you know."

I raised an eyebrow. "I've never met anyone who's favorite color is brown."

"Now you have. Brown is a nice color," he said defensively, "It's warm and natural."

"Fair enough," I relented, "Your turn."

He thought for a moment. "Top three favorite songs?"

"Oh, that's hard.. In no particular order, probably "Madness in Me" and "Monster" by Skillet and "Animal I Have Become," by Three Days Grace." Nico stared at me. "What?"

Word count: 688

*falls to knees, weeping* I'M SORRY!!!! I HAD A TON OF HOMEWORK YESTERDAY, AND I WAS UP UNIL ABOUT 1:20 AM, AND I DIDN'T EVEN FINISH IT! I HAD TO DO SOME ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL BECAUSE I KEPT FALLING ASLEEP OVER THE PAPER I WAS WRITING!!!! 
m(。≧Д≦。)m

*ahem* Anyways...

I was going to post an extra-long chap today to make up for it, but I'm also a human being, and it's 12:12 am right now, and I need sleep. I was to get a chapter up, and this is what I got typed. I'll post the rest tomorrow because I'm actually really eager to see how people react to the *minor spoiler* cuteness.

Speaking of reactions, I love reading comments, so please, tell me what you think of things. Did you think of an innuendo? I find those hilarious. Did I make a grammar mistake? PLEASE let me know. Could I have worded something better? Did you misread somethings? Tell me about it. I want to know what you thing of this story.

With all that said, THANK YOU if you read my fanfiction, and for reading this long author's note.

Fun fact: "Fairly Local" just came on Twenty Øne Pilots Radio. It's also the first actual Tøp song I've heard in about thirty minutes because Pandora likes to be stupid sometimes.. ( ̄_ ̄)