Chapter 12

(Nico)
His words rang in my head as we ate the cinnamon pancakes.

You have your sister's smile.

That was probably the nicest thing anyone had every said to me. Why? Why was he being so nice to me? As I understood it, most vampires were bitter toward humans–especially Hunters–so what was his deal? Was he genuinely trying to make me feel comfortable, or was it all a trick?

I looked at Will, who was sitting across from me. He seemed so normal, so human, just sitting there shoveling pancakes doused in syrup into his mouth like he hadn't eating in days. If not for his inhumanly good looks, I might've mistaken him for a normal teenage boy.

He stopped eating and gave me a weird look. Realizing that I was staring, I quickly focused my gaze back on my plate, which still had a half pancake on it and only a little syrup. Will chuckled. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," I said a bit too quickly.

Will sighed, causing my to look up. I couldn't decide if his expression was sad or annoyed. "You know you don't have to be so afraid of me. I'm not going to hurt you." The look in his eyes was so determined. Was he trying to convince me or himself?

Either way, his comment alarmed me. "W-what are you talking about? I'm not afraid." The stutter and shake in my voice wasn't helping my case very much.

He shook his head. "You are. I can hear it in your voice, in your heartbeat. You seem to be changing your approach to me every minute. Earlier, you were joking around as if we were normal teenagers hanging out. Now, you're all shy and careful. You're afraid I'll get angry and do something to you if you say the wrong thing me." He paused to let his words sink in. I didn't respond, too stunned by how true his word were, so he plowed on. "Nico, I just want you to be yourself."

"That's...That's the first time you've used my real name," was all I could manage.

He gave me a lopsided smile. "You're funny." I cracked up. Maybe it was because I was so exhausted, or it might've been the three table spoons of sugar I'd added to the pancake batter when Will wasn't looking, but I found his comment extremely funny. He chuckled along with me.

I calmed down after a few minutes, the I stood with my plate to take it to the sink...then proceeded to trip over air and fall on my face. I heard to plate shatter.

In a panic, I scrambled into a sitting position. "I-I'm so sorry, I'll clean it up!" I practically yelled. Then I actually looked at Will to see him shaking with mirth.

"Nico," he wheezed, "are you okay?" His hand covered his mouth, though it was obvious he was smiling.

"I'm...fine," I said as I started to pick up the glass pieces. I grunted quietly as I did the most stupid thing a person could possibly do in this situation.

I sliced my hand opened.

Word count: 529

AHHHH, CLIFFHANGER!!!

I honestly wanted to continue it, but I'm evil, so you get to wait until tomorrow, HAHAHAHA!

Also, the chapters are going be a lot more complete now because I've started writing them after school instead of during. This, however leaves more room for plot holes, so please let me know if you find any.

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Okay, so I need an antagonist. Yes, I know the most obvious one is Asstavian, but he's Roman. The way I've organized who's a Hunter and who's a vampire is by which camp they're in, so Will is Greek, so he's a vampire. Annabeth and Percy are Hunters because they both end up in the Camp Jupiter eventually for college, the same way Jason (minor spoiler) is a vampire because he identifies as Greek. If that makes any sense. But I can't decide on a Greek demigod who would fit as the antagonist here. Someone who isn't redeemable. Sadly, Bryce Lawrance and Octavian are the only non-redeemable characters in entire Percy Jackson series, and they're both Roman. I don't want to make someone up. So, should I use one of the Greek demigods, or break my rule? Vote in the comments, it'd really help me out.

THANKS FOR 782 READS!! THATS CRAZY!!!! AHHHH!!!

Okie, bye now.