19. Warning: Almost Nothing Happens in this Chapter

(Will)
Nico and I both changed clothes before going out. I lent him a black-and-gray flannel and blue jeans and took an orange T-shirt with shorts. It was starting to get warmer now.

"Nico," I said as we walked. He looked up at me.

"Yeah?" He sounded wary.

I stopped walking; so did he. "Are you okay?" He nodded, but I wasn't convinced. "Are you sure? You still look pale.." I set the backs of my fingers to his cheek. "And you're so cold."

Nico pushed my hand away. "You're just warm. And I'm always pale; it's just the way my skin looks." He rolled his eyes.

I, however, shook my head. "Paler than usual. I mean–" Before I could continue, a new voice rang out.

"Hello, Will! Oh, and you must me the human," Luke said, his nose wrinkling with a fake smile. He almost seemed to be snarling.

"That's me," Nico said, a slight, mistrusting edge to his voice.

I tried to think of something to say just to ease the tension. "Nice night, isn't it, Luke?" I nudged him slightly. Luke was a pretty likable guy, but he had a clear disliking of humans.

Just then, Luke's one-eyed counterpart, Ethan, appeared at his side. "Hi, Will. Human."

"I have a name," Nico spoke up, "and it isn't 'human.'" His fist were clenched at his side, and his jaw was set.

The two boys just rolled their eyes. "You shouldn't be out in the open, cat boy," Luke advised, "You might get bit." And with that, he sauntered away, Ethan in his tracks.

"They seem friendly," Nico said sarcastically after a few minutes.

Before I could answer, a feminine voice reached my ear. "Will!"

I jumped. "Clarisse," I said in surprise, "where did you come from?"

She turned and pointed in the direction of a bright pink house, the one Silena, who was standing right next to her, lived in. "Finally got Silena out of her house." She beamed proudly.

I examined the dark haired girl. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying, and her hair and makeup were undone, something extremely unlike her. "Silena? How are you feeling?"

She took a shaky breath. "Okay, I guess," she said quietly. This wasn't the Silena I knew. She was always so confident, so sure sure of herself. Beckendorf's death really hit her hard...

Clarisse glared at Nico as if she'd only just realized he was there. "Hunter."

Nico threw his hands up. "Why does everyone refuse to use my name?" He half shouted.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Calm, child," I said soothingly.

"I will not calm down, and I am not not a child."

"You will calm down, and you're under eighteen years of age, so that makes you a child."

"Touché."

Clarisse scoffed. "You two are absolutely sickening."

I grinned. "Thank you."

"Hey, could we talk to the– to Nico for a moment? Alone?" Clarisse asked.

I glanced at the cute human. He shrugged with a nod, so I said "Sure." I watched Clarisse, accompanied by Silena, pull Nico off in the same direction Luke and Ethan had gone. I wondered briefly what they wanted to talk about before heading to the dinning pavilion–which was really only used on holidays–to get some more blood tablets to replace the other ones I'd dropped earlier; they may not work for me, but I could at least make it look like they did.

Word count: 576

CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, I AM NOT DEAD!!!

I am SO sorry, guys. Honest, I didn't mean to go this long without updating. Here's my list of excuses that will mean nothing to you:
I have state testing this week; today was math, my worst subject.
I'm dealing with a bit of stress in my relationship.
I'm tired all the fucking time.
I just want to sleep.
I'm listening to "Kitchen Sink" by Twenty Øne Pilots.
That wasn't an excuse, but whatever, leave me alone.

So yeah. Bite me.

I know this chapter was (<NO ONE LIKES YOU, MIKE!!!>) short, but I wanted to get it up quickly, so yeah.

BUT WHAT DID YOU THINK???!!!??!? TELL ME!!

.....I said TELL ME, DAMMIT!
*ahem* Sorry.

Okay, before I break someone, GOODBYE!!!