17. Friendly Discussions and Vampire Bites

(Will)
It had been a week since Nico was bitten by that vampire cat, and nothing about his new appearance had changed. If anything, he seemed to be becoming more catlike; he was more agile, his eyes, sharper, his movements, swifter.

He was also far more adorable, something I didn't think was possible. He sneezed like a cat now. If I whispered into his ear just right, he'd shiver and flatten the ear to his head, his cheeks turning red.

I had left him to his own devices at my house while I went to see Lou Ellen and Cecil; he said he didn't want to outside because his ears were too sensitive.

"Hi, Lou, Cecil," I greeted. They returned their own 'hello's.

"So," said Lou, "Are you and Neeks a thing yet?"

"Yeah," Cecil said through a mouthful of human potato chips, "Give us some details."

I rolled my eyes. "For your information, no, we are not."

Lou Ellen groaned. "Will, come on, he wants it! He may not want to admit it to himself, but he thinks you're totally attractive. I mean, you could get him easily–"

"No," I interrupted, "I am not going to seduce Nico."

"Well, I meant–"

"I'm also not going to drink his blood. You know how I feel about those things, Lou."

"Why not?" Cecil asked, "That's how I got Lou, and look how happy we are."

I rolled my eyes. "That isn't fair to him. If Nico and I are meant to be to together, then I want things to go naturally. Seducing him is just unfair and immoral. Drinking his blood would most likely turn him against me."

"I still think you should mark him," Cecil grumbled.

"And if he wants to leave one day, when it's safe enough? The Mark is permanent, Cecil. No, it's too risky. Plus.. I haven't had human blood in a long time, and even I have to admit it tastes way better than these blood tables or animal blood. If I can't control myself...." I trailed off.

"You worry too much," said Lou, "But it's getting painful to watch. You guys need to get together before someone explodes."

I sighed, shaking my head. "Who's died tonight?" I asked, desperate for a change of subject.

Cecil piped up. "No one, yet. The night is still young, though.."

"Is Silena still...?"

"Trying to off herself?" Lou finished, "Yeah. Poor girl..."

We held a small moment of silence for Beckendorf.

(Nico)

I heard the door open. Will is back already? He must have forgotten something..

I got up curiously. When I got to the front room, however, no one was there, and the door was standing wide open. What?

I closed it, then my face slammed into it. Again?

"Hello again, Nico." That voice purred into my ear. "You did read that note I put in your pocket, didn't you? You're supposed to meet me every night. When you didn't come today, well I was worried something had happened to you..."

It was true. I'd gone back to that alley every night that week because I feared of what would happen if I didn't. I just couldn't today. I was so tired, I didn't even want to get out of bed.

"Just get it over with," I growled. I knew there was no use fighting back; even at my full strength, I was too weak. And with all the blood I'd lost over the week...

I could hear the smile in the beast's voice. "Gladly." I relaxed my muscle as it bit down. It was less painful that way. I slumped weakly against the door as my energy dropped even more. I clenched my fist in attempt to remain conscious. I wondered how long it would take for this to kill me.

I was suddenly thrown around into the living room, my cheek meeting the floor; I didn't try to stand up until I heard the door close.

I stumbled into the bathroom and check the bite. It alway bit the same place, the middle of my shoulder just above my collarbone. It had widened from the daily tearing at it, and the skin around it had turned a sickly purple color. I sighed and let go of my shirt collar so it fell back into place at my neckline.

Word count: 715
Good chapter? Bad chapter?

Do you guy want Nico to stay a Neko, or should I fix it? Vote in the comments.

UNTIL TOMORROW!