It's Just a scratch

3rd person pov

Slenda's sudden appearance with Jess and Y/n in tow startled Jane and Jackie who noticed how beaten up they were and rushed to help. "What happened?" They both asked. "The rake...attacked us" Jess mumbled as she tried to get up. As Jackie went to help Y/n up she felt something sticky on his back and when she checked she saw her hand covered in blood. She immediately checked Y/ns back to see a deep gash going from his right shoulder down to his waist pouring blood. "Slenda!" Jackie shouted catching the other girls attention as they all looked on in horror. "Jane get Jess to her room, Jackie wait with Y/n while I get Ann." Slenda commanded. "I-I'm ok it's j-just a scratch" Y/n stuttered. "I think our definitions of a "scratch" are a bit different." Jackie said as she sat him down. "What's going on?" Benny suddenly yelled from the top of the stairs with Clockwork and Jill stood beside her. "Y/n and Jess were attacked by the rake while they were out" Jackie explained. "How are they?" they all asked as they rushed down the stairs. "Jess is ok but Y/n is in pretty bad shape right now..." Jackie said and the 3 of them soon noticed why. "Oh my god..." clockwork gasped. "What happened Y/n?" Jill asked. "While we were *grunts* visiting the graves the fucker jumped out of a tree and attacked Jess." Before Y/n could continue Slenda arrived with Ann and she immediately began to check the wound on his back. "He should be fine, it's just a flesh wound but I need to get this patched up quickly otherwise that might change. Slenda, can you help me get him to the kitchen?" Ann explained as she continued to check the wound. "Of course. You girls go check on Jess, she has a minor concussion so I need you to keep an eye on her." Slenda requested as she helped Ann move Y/n into the kitchen.

As Y/n, Ann and Slenda disappeared into the kitchen Jackie, Jill, Benny, clockwork and Jane reluctantly made their way upstairs to check on Jess. As they got to Jess's room and opened the door they saw her trying to get out of bed. "Jess you should be resting, Slenda said you had a concussion." Clockwork worriedly stated. "I-I'm fine but where's Y/n?" Jess asked but before anyone could answer they were cut short by Y/n shouting in pain downstairs. Everyone rushed back down the stairs but were stopped by Slenda suddenly appearing in front of them. "I know you're all worried but Y/n is fine. His adrenaline finally wore off so the pain is starting to catch up with him." Slenda explained which calmed them all down a bit. Everyone decided to wait outside until they were done and after half an hour of cursing and shouting Y/n and Ann finally emerged from the kitchen.

Y/n pov

As we left the kitchen I realised everyone was stood outside the door. When they saw me their eyes locked onto my now heavily bandaged torso and I noticed Jess seemed really conflicted about something. "How're you feeling?" Jane asked. "I feel like absolute shit... I swear I can't go a day without getting messed up in some way." I complained slightly annoyed. "Sounds like he's fine to me." Benny said with a giggle. "Are you sure you're okay?" Clockwork asked clearly still concerned about me. "It hurts like a bitch but I'll live so stop worrying, ok?" "Ok..." Clockwork quietly replied. "Y/n, Jess, I think you two should both go to your rooms and rest now, I'm sure you both feel exhausted." Slenda suggested as she approached us. "No arguments here, Im going to need all the beauty sleep I can get after that ordeal." I replied as I tried stretching but was hindered by the sharp pain in my back. "Note to self, don't try stretching any time soon..." "What about you Jess?" Slenda asked. "My head is killing me so I think I'll do the same." She replied as she rubbed her head. "All right we'll talk about what happened in the morning." Slenda said before turning to the others and continuing. "I don't want anyone disturbing them until tomorrow, understood?" she said. Everyone nodded and began to go their separate ways as me and Jess made our way upstairs. "Y/n, can I talk to you for a sec?" Jess asked as we reached my room. "Uhhh sure come in" I replied unsure of what to expect.

As we went inside I sat on my bed and she stood in front of me before she began. "Why didn't you run when I told you to?" Jess asked with a stern look. "Are you serious? Do you really need to ask why? I could tell by how serious you were when the rake appeared that it was seriously bad news. There was no way I was going to let you try fighting it alone!" I shouted annoyed by her stupid question. "I would have been fine..." Jess said her voice laced with slight doubt. "Don't give me that bullshit. I've seen you get serious plenty of times but I had never seen you make an expression like that. You were scared..." I could tell I struck a nerve in Jess as she gave me a sharp look when I said that. "I wasn't scar-" she protested before I interrupted. "Don't lie to me Jess!" I yelled as I shot up off my bed and began to approach her. "There's nothing wrong with being scared especially of something like that." "Whether or not I was scared doesn't matter what matters is that you stayed and nearly got yourself killed. I hate to admit it but everyone here has become attached to you so how do you think they would have felt if you died out there?" She asked, her anger matching my own. "And how do you think they would have felt if YOU died? Either way they would have had to mourn the loss of a friend. Explain to me what I was meant to say to everyone if I ran and you were killed by the rake. How do you think they would react if I told them that I ran and left you to fight it alone! How do you think I would feel knowing that you died because I RAN!" As I angrily approached Jess she unconsciously backed off until her back was to the wall.

"I-I-" she stuttered. "You think I care that I got hurt trying to save you? The wound on my back is a small price to pay and I would have been willing to pay a lot more if it meant we both got out of that alive!" I shouted as thoughts of my family and friends came flooding back. "I-I've already lost too many people that were important to me and I don't intend to lose anymore...The same goes for everyone else, I'd put my life on the line to keep them all safe." I was finally starting to calm down but I felt a tear slide down my cheek so I quickly turned and wiped it away hoping she didn't notice as the room fell into brief silence. "*sigh*Sorry, I didn't mean to lay into you like that I just-" I was cut short by a sudden warm embrace from Jess, her head burrowed into my chest. "*sniffle*I'm sorry." "Wait are you..." I couldn't believe what I was seeing, Jess was actually crying. Now I felt like a complete asshole, I made a girl cry. "Ahhh please don't cry its fine. We both made it out so there's nothing to be sorry for." I couldn't believe I had made Jess of all people cry. I honestly didn't think she was capable considering how she acted most of the time so to see her like it now was a shock to say the least. But just when I thought she couldn't do much more to surprise me she soon proved me wrong as she pulled me in and kissed me. I could feel her arms over my wound which hurt like hell but I ignored it and just revelled in the moment. She soon broke away with a rosy blush and left the room without saying another word. I knew that there wasn't much I could do at this point so I decided to leave it at that and head to bed. "Fuck that hurts...." I mumbled as I tried to get comfortable and drifted off to sleep.

This chapter was a bit shorter than usual but I think it turned out alright personally. As always tell me what you think and if theres something about this chapter people dont like then I will see what I can do to change it. And I have a quick question for everyone, what is everyone like with blood and gore? And im talking about real life not in books and games. It just interested me because I know some people cant stand it while it doesnt bother others in the least. Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll see you all in the next one!