Its just a scratch pt 2

I'm sorry it took so long to get this chapter out but ive been busy and didnt have any time to work on this chapter. I had a hard time coming up with this one so I'm sorry if it doesnt turn out as good as some of the previous chapters.

--------In dream----------

My vision was hazy and I was unable to move no matter how desperately I tried, all I could do was helpless look around at the hell that was around me. I was surrounded by debris of some kind that was engulfed in black smoke and roaring flames. Suddenly I noticed 2 figures appear shrouded by the smoke and began to search the area. As they did I noticed something about one of the figures that made my blood run cold, one of the silhouettes seemed different, inhuman almost and had red glowing eyes that tore through the smoke. They made their way towards something off to my left, my eyes tracking every step they took, and stopped. The inhuman looking figure crouched down and reached for something but I couldn't see what it was. But as they stood up their partner then bent down and began picking something up. When they stood up I realised that it was a person and like the 2 figures I couldn't make out any real features aside from that it was a girl judging by the long hair. They went to leave when they both suddenly stopped again and slowly turned towards me until its glowing red eyes met mine. The moment our gazes clashed I felt my vision fade to black.

When I came to I found myself floating in an empty void thinking that I finally managed to escape that hellish scene but something was off. If the dream was over then why wasn't I awake? Why did I still feel so uneasy? Why was I still unable to move? I could feel myself slowly giving into the terror as I realised it was far from over. I was certain that I wasn't alone in the darkness but no matter how long I waited nothing happened and the longer I waited the more I felt the fear grow and eat away at me. All of a sudden I felt a sort of crushing pressure making each breath I took fall short and laboured. I fought for each breath until I felt a clawed hand rest in my shoulder. They slowly pulled themself close until I could hear faint breathing next to my ear. Then I heard the being speak with the most sinister voice I ever had the displeasure of hearing. "I fooound you...." It whispered seemingly disappearing once it did. I felt the pressure disappear and control return to my body making me collapse and desperately gasp for air. Confused and afraid they might still be around I stumbled back to my feet and started frantically looking around but there was no one there. This was beyond a dream, it felt too real no matter how I looked at it. The silence was suddenly broken by something tapping the floor behind me making me jump and turn to the source of the noise only to be met with the same piercing red eyes I had seen earlier inches from my face and once again everything went black.

--------Dream over--------

Y/n pov

I sprung up from my bed covered in a cold sweat and gasping for air still panicked from the fucked up dream, if you could even call it that. The sudden movement sent a sharp pain down my back making me flinch and tense up until it passed. "W-what the fuck w-was that..." I stuttered still trying to get my thoughts straight. My heart felt like it was trying to beat its way out of my chest and wasn't easing up so I closed my eyes and began to even out my breathing until my heart rate finally went back to normal. I couldn't understand what that dream was about at all, none of it made any sense. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure out what may have caused me to have such a horrible nightmare but seeing as I was getting nowhere trying to make sense of it I decided to just forget about it and hope it was just a one off. "I've had some bad nightmares in the past but that one definitely takes the cake."

As I tried to move I could feel my bandages stick to me from all the sweat and it was unpleasant to say the least. I didn't want to have to sit in them any longer so I jumped out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I carefully removed the bandages from around my torso doing my best to not irritate the wound on my back. I was relieved when it was finally all off and I could feel the cool air embrace my bare back. I turned on the shower, waited for it to heat up and jumped in which was probably one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made. "FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"I yelled as I hastily leapt out of the shower, slipped and landed on my ass. "Ooooow... I really should have thought that through...." I mumbled. Suddenly I heard banging at the door "Y/n are you ok?! What happened?!" A voice shouted that I quickly recognised as Jackie. "Y-yeh I'm fine I just tried getting into the shower is all..." I yelled back. "You dumbass. Why would you have a shower with your back like that?" She scolded. "I guess I didn't think it through is all. But I'm fine I'll just have to have a bath instead." "Alright just be careful next time." She warned as she walked away. "Well that sucked..." I huffed as I got up and filled the tub with water. Once the bath was ready, I carefully eased myself into the water and began to relax. As I sat there I got lost in thought about what happened yesterday with the rake and with Jess. "It was a miracle that we both made it out of that alive, the rake was obviously capable of killing Jess with ease and if I hadn't got to her when I did it would have done exactly that." I thought as I splashed some water on my face and let out a deep sigh. "And even after that she still had the nerve to scold me for not running. I still can't believe she said that to me, she was basically telling me to leave her to die." Just thinking about it made my blood begin to boil again until I remembered how I made her cry which just made me feel guilty. "That being said I should probably apologise for being so hard on her...".