Chapter 6

After Luke left, I turned out the lights downstairs and went to the game room. I scanned through the movies and settled on watching Finding Nemo. When that one ended, I watched Finding Dory.
Gerald and Becky were so cute!! As soon as I finished, I dragged the huge teddy bear to my room and fell asleep.

****

My dream was about mum and dad, before the plane crash. Then they were about to leave and they offered for me to go, they said it would be fun, so, I accepted. Then I had witnessed the plane crash.

That dream caused me to wake up screaming. I had been sweating and crying during that. I grabbed a towel and walked downstairs to get a shower. I got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom.

I walked to the kitchen, grabbed a glass, and got some water. I drank about half of it when there was a knock at the door. I unlock the door and open it just a crack.

"Luke?" I stare at him for a second.

"Hi.." he started, "I stopped by to say sorry. I didn't mean to walk out like I did.."

I opened the door and let him in. He took a seat at the bar in the kitchen, I got him a glass of water. "Give me one second, I need to get clothes on. I wasn't expecting anyone today."

"You mean you have no clothes on underneath your towel?" He asked, biting his lower lip.

I felt my cheeks growing hot, "Yep." I quickly go upstairs and change into black leggings, a teal chevron shirt, and flip-flops.

I walked back downstairs and to the living room, picking up my brush, and go to the kitchen, sitting down next to Luke. He took my brush and started brushing my hair.

Today his hair wasn't in a quiff like the past few days. His was down in a fringe. His hair was just amazing anyway it is styled.

"I thought you left today?" I questioned Luke.

"I needed to apologise. You know, for walking out yesterday."

"It's fine Luke, we all have those moments." I say taking my brush away from. Luke gave me a little pouty face, I smiled, it was too cute. "Aren't you leaving today?"

"I actually extended my hotel for a night, I wanted to take you one more place."

"Where to?"

"It's a secret, love." He says grabbing my wrist, leading me out to his car. He opened the door like he did all the other times. I thought about the dream I had last night. I started tearing up but quickly wiped them away, but I couldn't stop thinking about them. I reached over and turned the radio up, trying to get the thoughts of mum and dad out of my head.

As soon as I did, it went to commercial, "This just in!-" it started, "Our media source just found out that the executive director Lucy Robbins and her husband, Jack Robbins, passed away a few days ago."

Luke went to turn off radio but I stopped him so I could listen to it "Their plane plumaged into the ocean. Their plane was on the way to Russia and their was a double engine failure. Sadly, they never stated whether they had a child or not. We will all miss them very much, bless their family and friends." That was the rest of it.

I tried holding back the tears that were about to come, but I couldn't. Luke pulled the car to the side of the road in a patch of rocks and unbuckled. "Are w-we here?" I ask between little gasp of air. He had gotten out of the car without a word and walked to the passenger side in which I was sitting.

He opened the door and unbuckled me, he then kneeled down embracing me into a hug. Luke rubbed circles on my back until I was calmed down. I pulled away and wiped my face. I don't even know why I wanted to listen to that stupid commercial.