Chapter 18

We spent the rest of the day asking stupid questions and laughing. The sun started to set and the light came on in the lighthouse.

Nathan and I laid there watching the sky grow darker and the stars comes out. The stars shined bright in the dark sky. It was one of the things in life that made me so happy.

As a child, I always looked at the stars before I went to sleep. They were kind of comforting when things got bad. My mum and dad thought I was dumb for doing that, but I didn't care.

I looked at Nathan, his eyes we closed, being this close to him didn't seem all that bad. I knew he was no good, but I didn't mind right now. He was just another human being.

Nathan opened his eyes and looked at me. I move closer to him and hold his hand.

"Nova?" He says looking up.

"What?"

"What happened between you and Luke really?" He asks.

"I told you over the phone." I say.

"Do you think I'm dumb? I'm friends with the both of them." He says with a little anger in his voice.

I stood up, "I told you my truth, it's your choice to believe it or not."

He stands up and grabs both of my arms and squeezed harshly, "I'm not stupid Nova, Arzaylea talks about how much she dislikes Luke. No where's the truth?" Nathan growls.

I bit the insides of my cheeks, "I told you what happened, so screw you if you're going to be this way." I say trying to get free from his grip.

He leaned close to my ear and was about to say something, but I bit his shoulder and stayed latched on. I started to taste an abnormal taste, like when I started bleeding in my mouth. Only it wasn't my blood.

I pulled away and Nathan back handed me across the face. Biting my lip, I grabbed my face, it felt like it was on fire. "You little.." Nathan says grabbing his bleeding shoulder.

"It's not even bleeding that bad." I say starting to walk through the field and to the car.

As I got to the car I waited for Nathan to come.

I have a bad feelings he knows that I know about him.

I was so far from Luke, I couldn't run to him for help. I saw Nathan's tall, shadowy figure walking to the car. He gets in the car and glares at me.

"What t-time is it?" I gulped.

He takes a quick glance at his phone, "10 o'clock." He mutters and starts the car.

****

Two hours later we arrived back at his mom's house. As soon as he parked the car, I shot out of I and to the bathroom inside.

I locked the door and look in the mirror. There were handprint bruises forming on my arms, along with four knuckle bruises where he back handed me. Then I saw the hickeys he left the night before.

I unlocked the door and went to the bedroom. When I started to close the door, Nathan stopped me. He came through and locked the door.

He place a hand on the side of my neck. I started to squirm, not wanting him to touch me. I felt like he could kill me and not think twice about it.

"I was thinking about taking you up on that offer." He says pushing me onto the bed.

I gasped, I didn't want this, "you missed your shot. I don't want to now."

He grabbed both my wrists in one hand and pulled them above my head, "but you can't do anything."

"Please don't. Nathan.. I know you're better than this." I say as he started to take my shirt off.

"You don't know me as much as I know you, Nova." He says crashing his lips into mine.

He completely removed my shirt and shorts. I squirmed uncontrollably, he tightens his legs by my hips to hold me still. I felt vulnerable, laying there with him accessable to everything.

He sat up and examined my body, "Luke knows how to pick girls."

He leans back down and hovers over my breasts. He starts to kiss in one place, then another, and over to other. He started leaving hickeys on the places he'd kiss and bite.

"Fuck you." I say taking my chin and forcing it down to hit his head.

He bit down hard and reached his hand to my throat as he sat up. "Were you this feisty when Luke did this?"

"He never touched me!" I say as someone knocked at the door. Nathan gets up and I quickly got my clothes back on.

"NATHAN! I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR YOU FREAKY STUFF!" his mom hollered.

She looked in and saw that I was shaken badly. She raised her eyebrow and looked at Nathan, "what did you do to her?!"

She pushes him out of her way and comes in to me. "Poor thing." She looked at my bruises and my newly formed ones on my wrist.

"I'm sleeping on the couch tonight." He say walking out.

I lay back and Mrs. Black leaves the room. I fell asleep soon after.

****

When I woke up I was in the car with Nathan. I was in pajama pants and an oversized t-shirt. A lot of thoughts ran through my mind.

"I changed you so you didn't get cold, nothing else happened. We are only an hour away, it's like 2 in the afternoon." He says.

I didn't say anything back to him. Last day with you, I'm glad for that. You're dumb and rude and no girl should ever date you. You probably have aids or something.

I couldn't wait to be separated from him. Looking over at him, I saw the bite mark that I'd left the day before. "You need to clean that." I say.

"No duh, Captain obvious." He says.

I stared down at the car floor for the rest of the ride to our new hotel. He talked to the lady at the registration desk for a couple of minutes before we actually went up to the room.

The room was so much bigger than the other rooms we stayed in, this one also had a balcony. Nathan had gotten into the shower as I walked out to the balcony.

"I wonder where she is." I hear a guy say from the next balcony over.

"It's really got me worried, I hope she didn't get hurt or raped or something." Said a girl.

Wait those aren't just anybody.

"Luke? Arzaylea?" I whispered loudly trying not to raise my voice. They stopped talking and I said their names again.

One person leaned out past the wall and gasped, "Nova!"

The door to the balcony opened and Nathan stepped out. "Come inside, it's getting cold out."

I walked in, Nathan closed the blinds, and catching me off guard, he brings his hand up to my neck and started squeezing.

"I know why you are actually here. You know me more than you say. That's why your so uncomfortable around me." He says pushing me down to the floor, pressing both hands down on my neck.

"Don't worry, I'm here for the same thing. You want me in jail and I want what your father owes me. His life. But since he's dead, I have to find someone to take up for him."

I couldn't breathe, in this moment, I knew I was going to die. Kicking my feet and trying to get free, is all I could do. I couldn't push effort anymore, that's when everything turned white.