Hyung Part III

'Hyung, what are you doing right now?' Hyuk asked on the other side of the phone.

'The usual.' Hongbin replied as he talked on the phone with his speakers on.

The keyboards of his computer was clicking away. Hongbin was in the middle of an intense match, from a game.

'Oh. Have you... been thinking about Hakyeon-hyung?' The younger wondered.

'When haven't I? I'm almost tired of it.' He sighed as he continued to play on his computer. The younger can hear Hongbin's keyboard click nonstop from his end. Hyuk was worried about Hongbin.

As soon as their call ended, Hongbin stopped what he was doing and leaned back on his desk chair. He stared up at the boring white ceiling.

He went back home just like all the other members did but he was the only one actually at home. His sisters have all moved out from their family house for awhile now and his parents are currently away for vacation to celebrate their anniversary. Hongbin was left home alone and even though the lady named Soo-ah told the members to reflect on their feelings for Hakyeon, Hongbin didn't really know where to begin.

He's known Hakyeon the longest, they've been training together the longest as well compared to the other members. And honestly, Hongbin has never stopped being by Hakyeon's side.

The younger used to tease and joke about how he was always paired up with Hakyeon no matter what they were doing or where they were going.

The two of them were the closest during their trainee years and Hakyeon would often bug Hongbin about their visuals. The good-looking pair of hyung and dongsaeng. Everyone has always told Hongbin that he was really good looking, despite the long perm hair he had back then. But Hakyeon on the other hand, would always compete one-sidedly with the younger.

'I think I'm better looking!' Hakyeon boasted about his visuals.

'Yeah, yeah whatever hyung.' Hongbin would try to ignore it.

Though they were three years apart, their age differences were never the problem for how close they were together. Sometimes, Hongbin would forget about using formal speech with Hakyeon but the older didn't care. They might not be the clingy type of friendship others assume they would have, but they were close to one another and often consulted the other for advice. That is, until the group of two became a group of six.

Even though Wonshik was the same age as Hongbin, they were rather different from each other. They were still friends but they didn't have much in common. However, when Wonshik entered the company and started getting closer with the other trainees, Hongbin felt that Hakyeon was drifting away from his side. The older would end up consulting to Wonshik about his problems rather than with Hongbin even the two of them have known one another the longest.

Then, when Jaehwan came in, Hakyeon would always play with Jaehwan because the two of them were the inseparable cute and clingy duo. Only Jaehwan would openly show how much he cares for Hakyeon unlike the chic Hongbin.

After that was Taekwoon. The same aged friend as Hakyeon. They obviously had nothing in common yet one day, their CEO told Hakyeon to take care of Taekwoon since they're the same age and that the younger trainees were a bit intimidated by Taekwoon's icy personality. Hakyeon listened and would not leave Taekwoon alone and rather, bugged him a lot like how he used to be with Hongbin.

With Sanghyuk or Hyogi as Hakyeon would often call the youngest of the group, Hongbin was rather awkward with the maknae at first. He thought it was unfair that this boy who barely got any training suddenly debuted with them as a group even though he and Hakyeon have been in the agency for years.