My Light

He was afraid.

Afraid of going back.

Going back to the world called 'reality'.

Taekwoon knew he had only one mission when he decided to go inside of Dreamscape with his other members and that was to rescue his lifelong friend, Cha Hakyeon who was trapped inside. Hakyeon, who was at his weakest state during that time, lost himself within his own dream because reality was too hard to accept.

Taekwoon didn't understand why the other would do something so foolish at first. Why would he choose to leave his friends and family for the reason of being rejected by Taekwoon? He could have forgotten his crush on Taekwoon and move on, find a new love instead.

'This way?' Hyuk pointed in all directions and Jaehwan pointing the opposite. They were lost within Dreamscape, a place that was more puzzling with each step they took forward.

Taekwoon silently watched his members from behind and making sure that they were safe. But as he observed Dreamscape from behind in silence, a single thought appeared throughout his mind.

If we are inside of here together, we... won't have to worry about how others perceive us, would we? We won't get hurt...

That's when he began to doubt.

Ever since he entered Dreamscape, he started to doubt his purpose here. Rather than saving Hakyeon from it, would it be better if he were inside of here instead? This is a place where the impossible can be possible and a place that is safe from outsiders. Since high school, Taekwoon had always doubted others because of what happened to him. He was betrayed and isolated by his friends and eventually, the solitude became a habit. Taekwoon didn't trust people who called themselves friends to him anymore and began to shut himself away from the world. The only thing that kept him alive was to sing.

Singing was like speaking to him. He was afraid to speak but never too afraid to sing.

He's already lost his ability to play his favorite sport in the nationals level due to his injuries and now, singing was the only thing left for him. That's what he loved the most after soccer but in order for his voice to be heard, he had to let others inside of his heart again.

It wasn't just his fans that he had to show his heart to but strangers who are now in the same group as him. If he didn't allow for others to enter his life and become an idol, his singing may never be heard because of his timid personality.

Taekwoon eventually got a bit used to people around him because they would either avoid him like a plague or give him enough space when needed. But there was always that one person who kept nudging onto him and trying to break his guard whenever he selfishly wanted.

He thought Hakyeon was selfish, over-confident and loves to sugarcoat his words to those around him because he wanted the attention. Unlike Taekwoon who was all right with having no friends, Hakyeon would not be able to live without it. He longed for affection and skinship. Taekwoon tried so many times to tell Hakyeon that he wasn't comfortable with the skinship between two men but Hakyeon was stubborn.

The latter kept saying that they were lifelong friends and just like family, so he insisted on being so close to Taekwoon.

It irritated Taekwoon quite a lot but at the same time, Taekwoon tried his best to understand and tolerate that type of personality in which Hakyeon possesses.

After all, Hakyeon is all that Taekwoon isn't.

Taekwoon didn't know when it started but his eyes began to wander in search for Hakyeon and making sure the other was doing okay. He knew how much pressure the title of being the 'leader' was for Hakyeon and despite all his smiles, Hakyeon had a lot of burden to carry alone. Yet, Hakyeon would still tell others that everything was fine and under control.