6

Jaws opened her wings nearly 20 feet from the ground. It almost brought about some serious whiplash, though she kept most of the momentum, skimmed the ground with her claws and shot back up into the clouds.

She wasn't done with her air based acrobatics, she spun tucking in her wings, spreading them to level again. She pulled up into a loop and dropped again, remaining on her back for a few seconds before shifting her weight and opening one of her wings, flipping right side up.

Oh it was an amazing feeling, her wings slicing the the air, the world rushing along far beneath her. The ocean became visible below and grew ever closer. Jaws adjusted her wings and slid over the water kicking up a stream of water.

Bee had been hanging on tight, though despite the wild ride he never felt like he was on the verge of falling. His training in combat seemed to have honed his balance.

His com beeped, Bee tapped Jaws, "Slow down a little." He tapped his com, "Need something Ratchet?"

"Bee we need you to supply back up, the team has encountered more resistance than anticipated one the mission." Ratchet responded.

"Ok, bridge us back." Bee replied.

They waited for a portal but it didn't show, "Ratchet? Bridge?" Be asked

"Bumble Bee your telemetry data doesn't make sense." Ratchet sounded confused.

"What do you mean?" Bee asked enjoying the view.

"It says you are airborne." Ratchet explained, sounding uncertain.

"Oh that... that is actually true." Bee responded, almost laughing.

"How?"

"Well... the predacon flies." Be answered.

A ground bridge portal opened above the cliff not far from them. Jaws landed and headed for the portal but...

"I'm in the base alone, can you leave the predacon there?" Ratchet asked, hesitantly.

Bee sighed, then turned to Jaws, "Stay, I'll be back later. You can explore if you want." He turned and transformed, driving off through the ground bridge. The bridge closed leaving Jaws all alone. Her ears drooped, she didn't like being left alone. Well no use in just sitting around. She stood and turned to see just where there was to go. Woods, a good a place as any.

She wandered into the forest in no particular direction for a while. It got a bit darker, as the star that circled this world dropped in the sky. Being outside again was wonderful, and old habits took over. She wasn't quite sure how far or long she walked but when she was finally snapped out of her trance it wasn't by anything good.

A faint sent invaded her nostrils, it was energon. She was a honed beast, a creature capable of detecting things she was attuned to miles upon miles away. What really caught her attention was that she recognized this energon, it was Bee's. Her ears flattened back, refined energon had a much stronger smell than unrefined. If she could smell it it had been spilled.

Someone was messing with a member of her pack, that wasn't going to fly. She growled and took off running. She couldn't fly, she'd loose the scent that far up, she had to stay on the ground. Her talons turned the dirt, her shoulders knocked trees from her path like they were nothing but reeds. Nothing would stand in her way!

Suddenly, directly in front of her was a deep gorge like a gaping mouth hoping to swallow her. She put more energy into her speed and jumped. Her talons caught the edge of the other side and she felt it start to slip. She dug the talons in on her hind legs, scrambling for a foothold. Feeling a surge of energy she carved out her own and climbed up. Feeling all four feet on the ground she continued to thunder in the direction the scent indicated.