10 and 1/2

Jaws had been having nightmares lately. They always included her attacking everyone she cared about. The worst part was she had on a rare occasion enjoyed the savage feeling that had flowed through her. It was invigorating. Every time she had blown it off the next day and just dismissed it as not enough training. That wasn't the only thing though, she had occatuonal black outs in combat. She hasn't gone unconscious, her combat skills had actually exponentially increased. Still it wasn't normal. She now sat in the medical bay under inspection by Ratchet. He ran a few tests but the only ones that didn't take 24 hours came back clean, as in nothing wrong. Jaws sat perplexed, what was wrong with her? In seconds a splitting head ache rushes through her skull. It felt like some one was driving a dull knife through her head. She held her head under her paws (So to speak.) It carried on for a minute or two but it felt like hours. Ratchet couldn't do anything to help not finding anything wrong with her. Eventually it stopped and Jaws let her entire body go limp on the floor. "Thank the primes," she muttered, her exhausted gaze moved to Ratchet. "What happened to me?" She asked tired, "I'm not sure but I want you off patrol and active field duty until I do." He commanded. Jaws was in no position to argue, pain had a funny way of making one very agreeable. Jaws dragged herself back to her quarters looking for rest that didn't come. She just layed gazing at the wall. Bee came in a few hours later having heard from Ratchet what had happened. "Are you ok?" He asked placing a servo on her side in a show of concern. "I... don't know." She said turning to look at him her ears back, she was scared or worried, possibly both. "Do you have any idea why this happened?" Bee asked, Jaws shook her head.

Shortly after Bee was commed by Optimus, there was con activity. Bee entered the main room Jaws following just curious to see what was going on. "The cons appear to have located another mine, as our reserves are relatively low we must act." Optimus said. "Jaws there is strong probability that Predaking will be there; we will need you." Optimus said in a softer tone, he too had heard from Ratchet about Jaws's episode. Jaws looked at Ratchet looking for an answer that clearly wasn't coming, he merely shrugged. "I want you to stay put but I have no reason to think what ever that was would happen again. In this case it is your call." He said. Jaws thought for a moment her gaze on the ground. "Yah, I'll come." She said nodding, after that there was a brife strategy session and the team was off.

Upon arrival it was a pretty standard attack, the troopers were crushed. Knockout, Predaking, Soundwave, and shockwave where there. Jaws engaged Predaking and the others found combatants just as quickly. Jaws was tired but still keeping Predaking off her back well enough when another head ache struck this time more powerful. "Ahhhhhh!" She thundered covering her head laying down. A few tears ecaped her optics, "It hurts," she cried silently preying for it to stop. Bee spotted it and tried in vain to come help. Predaking immediately took advantage and began ripping at the plating on her back. All in the same moment her emotions were gone, the pain ceased, and her muscles hardened. Her optics shot open a much darker brown. They locked on Predaking and she lept up at him bitting into his neck. She shook him effortlessly, like a rag doll. He managed to loosen her grip once but She only ripped part of his wing off before taking hold once more. She pinned him on his back and began ripping at his underside. "JAWS!" Bee called not really sure he believed what he was seeing. Jaws was about to make one of the final blows when she heard Bee. Her optics lightened and her pupil thickened. She saw what she was doing and couldn't believe it herself. She immediately lept off and stood away shaking her head looking at the ground. Bee rushed over to her, "What happened?" He asked. "I'm not sure, it hurt like crazy then nothing but streangth... I guess." She said trying to explain it. "Autobots return to base." Optimus commanded.

Jaws was summoned to the medical bay as soon as she returned, Ratchet was concerned but still could find nothing wrong and the other tests hadn't finished. Jaws was done with these lame tests, they didn't show anything anyway. She stood deciding to go back to her room. "Where so you think you're going?" Ratchet said, "To my room, duh." She growled. "No you're not. You need to stay in the medical bay for observation." He said blocking her path. "Is that so?" She asked pinning her ears. Her optics darkened. She swatted knocking Ratchet out of her way with ease. She stormed off before realizing what happened. "Oh no, no, no, no." She said sitting down in the hall, it was like the nightmare. Smokescreen spotted her, "Jaws, you ok?" He asked approaching her. She snarled, "Leave me alone ingrate!" She stood her optics with a dangerous purple tint. Smokescreen looked at her genuinely hurt, "You don't have to be so mean about it." He said leaving. "No, Smokescreen." She whispered her optics lightening.