22

Finally a picture of Onyx
_______________________________________

Our small group exited the ground bridge near the base of the mountain I used to train. I stood infront of Onyx, Smokescreen, and Optimus. Bee was on my back, Onyx helped Smokescreen to his back. My tail raised and fell as my head swiveled while I listened. I lowered my head looking for a scent I had found here many times, and each and every one of those times I had felt a familiar surge of aggression. "Its relatively new," I mumbled, "This way." I announced as I began to trot in the direction that the scent trail led. Optimus drove next to Onyx. I stopped at the edge of the forest, "Remain here," I instructed the others. I slipped away to do recon. Just as I had suspected a pack. I had been detecting this scent for some time and had never worked up the nerve, or found a reason, to check it out. Well now I had reason, "They appear to have new injuries," Bee pointed out observing some of the pack was limping. I nodded noticing them, "Strange," I said continuing to move through the brush silently. I noticed a predacon about my size navy blue in color, but he wasn't the leader. A predacon slightly smaller than him, black, gray and red, attacked him out of the blue. My ears pinned back, this wasn't a pack it was a prison. My ears flicked as I heard whining and I went to investigate. "We are you going?" Bee asked, "I hear something unusual." I said I rounded a corner and there was a young predacon, younger than Onyx. Mostly dark brown in color with some blue. I froze, he was looking up at the alpha.... Bee noticed my change, "You ok?" He trailed off raising his gaze to their leader. My ears pinned back I growled, "Scrap the plan," I rumbled. I turned around and returned to the others, "What do you mean scrap the plan?" Bee asked worried. "That beast isn't going to be persuaded to help us," I rumbled as we returned. "Change in plans!" I barked, "Yah drastic change in plans," Bee agreed. "I'm facing this alpha head on," I rumbled before turning and stepping into the clearing. All optics were on me, "I have come to challenge your alpha!" I snarled moving to the center of the clearing. If my nemesis was causing trouble here I was going to put an end to it. The large brown and black predacon moved around the rock, Landslide, the young predacon followed weakly at his side. "Well, well, well, took ya long enough." He sneered, "Oh I'm here now so we can cut the scrap." I growled. We moved into a circling pattern as we spoke, "You've come to challenge me Jaws?" He asked seemingly amused. "Yes I have," I had no clever retort, just the truth. Bee slid off my back and joined the others. "Very well, we will fight to prove one of us worthy." He said, I was personally surprised he didn't gag at the last word. The pack formed a ring around us, all of them had scars and now I knew why. Landslide lunged at me starting the combat, I slashed at him.

Onyx was nervous, Optimus stood next to him, "Onyx what does challenging the alpha entail?" He asked watching us fight. "The alpha and the challenger will fight. Who ever wins will most likely be the alpha. The loser will be either cast out or killed." Onyx said slightly nervous. "Who ever wins will most likely be alpha?" Optimus asked, "Does the fight not determine the leader?" He asked. "No, that is the pack's job. They decided who they think will be strong enough to protect them. In a pack that is the alpha's job."

Landslide rammed his barbed Spikes into my side before tearing them out. I spun around and bit into his shoulder plating. I felt him shredding some of the plating on my back. Next he bit down and threw me into the face of the rock formation that the pack was settled around. One or two of the spikes on my back had doubtlessly been shattered. "To think I was actually nervous about you finding me before I was ready." He said. He spun and slammed his spikes into my abdomen, burning agony. Energon slid down my lip, and ran from the deep wound. "The best part is I don't plan to kill you yet, not until you watch your friends die." He whispered to me. My fading gaze went to them, Onyx looked scared, Bee had to be held back from rushing in to try and help me. Optimus looked concerned, and Smokescreen looked truly worried. They were more than friends, they were family. (Yah I know it's cliche but bear with me.) I would not lose my family again! With a powerful strike I threw Landslide back. I stood, shaky at first then strong and unmoving. He ran back charging at me, I reared and bit down on the back of his neck. Rage spirals through me, I lift him and throwing him into the rock face. Before he can stand I move over him, keeping him on his back, submissive. He weakened, letting me know I had won for now at least. I moved off letting him stand, he kept his head low. He roared first only three predacons roared with him including the black and red one. I took a breath and let out a roar powerful and accomplished. To my surprise all but the three that had roared with Landslide roared with me. Landslide look as surprised as I was, I immedily pressed the advantage. "Landslide, you are no longer alpha! You and your supporters are to leave this territory and never return!" I growled turning to him. His three followers moved behind him, "I will return," he remarked before turning to the young predacon that had run from his side. "Come on," Landslide barked at him, the young pred backed up, "Why you little!" Landslide's rage was evident. I stepped infront of the youngster raising my tail, "He has a choice," I growl. "Fine if he wants to stay here I'll leave him. He's not worth the trouble any way." He growled before turning and leaving his supporters following him like lost dogs.

The pack turned to me then one by one they bowed confirming their choice as alpha. I roared once more, my pack roaring with me. Onyx and the others approched me wondering what my next move was. Bee climbed up on my back skillfully avoiding my leaking wounds. I shut my optics for a moment contemplating what to say. I raised my head, "I am Jaws the new alpha, I am a predacon as well as an autobot." There was muttering in the pack. "I came here with the intention of asking your alpha for help. Upon seeing how he treated all of you and knowing his personality. I knew he would not listen to me, I also knew I could not leave you to his rage." I said, the entire group was listening, a good sign. "Now I am your alpha, and as such I could order you to fight for me, but that isn't right. You all deserve the right to choose for yourself. So you do have a choice, you can stay and help us fight to defend this planet, defend our home, defend eachother. Or you can leave and go off on your own and be held accountable for nothing. You will not be judged for your choice." I said.

_______________________________________

I have a confession we are reaching the end of this story

Now that doesn't mean Jaws won't have another book. I'm considering writing a prequel to this set in cybertron's stone age. I also want to do a shattered glass version of Jaws, let me know which one you'd prefer to see.