7

Jaws had been alone most of the day thinking. She had been training out of the base more and more often. She had time to herself currently because Bee was off on a mission. He had lately been spending most of his time, 'investigating a stray energon signal.' Optimus said he needed some time out with the team. Jaws wished she was part of the team. Bee spoke of them often and they seemed like excellent teammates. She had figured out why they might be uncomfortable around her. She was a predacon her spices had a reputation for being just a viscous beast. If she could show them she was more like them they would accept her, maybe. It was worth a try.

So how to be more like them... what did they do she did not? They spoke in their language and they had what was referred to as a bot mode. She would try to speak in a way they would understand. So where to start... her name, perfect. The first few attempts were unsuccessful, then she tried moving her mouth differently, more like the way they did. "Mmmy... my, nnname iss Jaawsss. My name is Jaws." She wagged her tail she was getting it! She continued to work on the words for the remainder of her time alone.

She heard Bee come in and was excited to show him her new skill. He had brought energon crystals for her to replenish her supply. As Bee turned to greet her "Hey Jaws sorry I was out so long." He said, "Hello Bumble Bee." Bee was silent in shock, Jaws could speak. "You talk?!" He asked amazed. "I do now, your language is hard." Jaws replied. "Have you been able to understand us the whole time?" Bee asked with growing curiosity.
"Yes, well most of the time I don't know what all of the words in your language mean."
"So now that I know you speak what do you want me to call you?"
"Oh I like the name you gave me and I don't think anyone could say my old one."
"So Jaws could you answer a question that has been on my mind?"
"I can try."
"How did you come to be? In this time.. are you a clone?"
"No I am a real predacon. I was trapped in ice before what you call the great cataclysm. I was excavated by the decepticons and taken to earth. Then I ecaped them and joined you." Her tail wagged, "Can I meet the team now?" She asked.
"We have to ask Optimus..."
"When do we ask him?"
"Well currently he is out on a mission, I had planned for us to go out on a training exercise..."
"Well why don't we go on the exercise and then talk to Optimus?"
"Sure I just didn't know if it was ok to still ride you, or if you found it offensive."
"No I find it fun. Let's go." Jaws was a little excited and now having a hard time staying still. So Bee and Jaws snuck off to the training ground. "This is gonna be so much more fun now that I can tell you what I can do." Jaws said her tail sweeping across the ground. "So before?" Bee asked, "I'll admit I was holding back because I hadn't flown in a while. But now, I am back in top form." She said. Bee climbed on her back and said, "I set up a track for us to practice on so the first lap let's just get to know it." Bee said. "Ok." Jaws replied more than willing to go. "ON YOU MARK, GET SET.... GO!"

They had been running the track for hours now. It never got dull every time something unforseen would happen. The whole track was designed to test every aspect of a good mount. Agility, speed, endurance,and strength. A ground bridge portal open and Optimus walked out. "Bumble Bee why have you not been answering your com?" Optimus asked. "Oh... sorry, we have been training all day, I turned off my com." Bee said. Jaws flicked her ears and shifted a little. "Um.. I think Jaws is ready to be part of the team." Bee said. "Why is that?" Optimus asked. Bee and Jaws exchanged glances, "Because I am more of a team player now." Jaws said. Optimus was speechless for a molment taking in that the predacon could talk. "I suppose..." Optimus started. "Let's get back to base." Bee said. "Yes." Optimus responded. They entered the ground bridge and on the other side entered the base. "Bee we need back up." Arcee commed the base. "On my way." Bee responded. "Can I come?" Jaws asked hopeful. "I'm afraid not yet." Optimus said as he and Bee drove through the ground bridge in vehicle mode. Jaws's ears drooped as she sat and watched the ground bridge.

It had been roughly fifteen minutes when Optimus commed base. "Ratchet, is Jaws still available for back up?" Optimus asked. Jaws could hear heavy rain in the background. "Yes. I will bridge her to your coordinates." Ratchet said. Jaws stood excited and tuned to the ground bridge as it opened. She galloped through and stepped out onto a thick layer of mud. She felt rain pelting her alloy and she turned her attention to the battle. She didn't know why they were fighting but she knew who she was fighting for.

She ran towards the battle and unleashed a mighty roar. She charged in easily crushing seekers then melting them with her flames. She continued this pattern until she felt a weird sensation and she was on two legs! "What?!?" She had a bot mode too! Beast mode she thought and she was back on fours.

She made her way over to the rest of the team. She moved next to Bee, "Need any help?" She asked. Bee turned and was relieved to see her. "Yes you are just the one to break through their defences. We haven't had any luck so far." Jaws cut him off, "I'm on it." She lept over the rock they had been using as cover and charged. Rain and blaster fire beating on her she plowed forward. She sent a wave of flame in front of her the fire stopped and she advanced. She spun knocking as many troopers as possible. As she raised her head she spotted tons of energon. This is what they were after. She felt a familiar pain in her back she turned and faced Predaking head on. They locked horns and their battle became dangerous very quickly. A trooper got caught up in the fight and was crushed under talon. Fire soon warmed the air as the blasts singed alloy. The two predacons circled optics locked each waiting for the other to charge. It was a stand off in the middle of the battle.

Team prime made rapid advances into the mine taking out troopers left and right. Of course seeing 2 predacons raised a lot of questions but those would have to wait.

Jaws flinched causing Predaking to charge. Jaws stood her ground, then lowered her self allowing Predaking to slide over her. But she lept up jabbing his underside with the spikes on her wings. Predaking was stunned but not done. He tore at her back and wings tearing off bits of her armor. Jaws ripped at his leg and side. Rain pelting her was blurring her vision and she was tiring rapidly from spending most of her energy else where. In a desperate attempt to regain the upper hand Jaws unleashed a storm of flames. Predaking propelled by the knowledge he would likely take victory continued his assault tearing off more and more plating. Jaws was losing she felt her strength leaving her like it had in the ice the world began to fade...