23

This is the Navy blue predacon you will learn his name this chapter

_______________________________________

I stood unsure what they would choose. The navy colored predacon stood infront of me his dark brown optics locked with mine. He lowered his head then walked behind me and stood signifying his choice. Others followed him standing behind me. In short the pack had divided. Half behind me the other half free to leave if they wanted, and slowly almost one by one they dispersed. 

I turned to face the group that had chosen to stay. Upon closer inspection we weren't that large of a group. There were 12 standing with me not counting myself, Onyx, or the young predacon that Landslide had it out for. 

One by one they introduced themselves, first was a large black predacon with green markings. "I'm Back Lash," he said. Next a smaller coral red and light blue predacon with no wings, "I'm Hydroplane." 

One by one they all came up and told me their name. In the end their was: Back Lash, Hydroplane, Storm Watch, Turn and Burn, Hack Saw, Iron Bolt, Saw Bones, Outlaw, Back Slide, Bandit, Blade Runner, and Mudslide. He was the young predacon and apparently Landslide's sparkling. 

The deep blue predacon was last to approch, "I am Dark Horse, and I will follow where ever you lead." He presented bowing his head slightly.

"And you will be my second in power." I answered him.

"Yes alpha," he said lowering his head as a sign of respect. 

I turned to Optimus, "Now we have a force of our own." I said he nodded. I heard chirping and three sparklings were running around beneath me. "Umm..?" I asked looking back at my pack. 

"Oh," Back Lash smiled, "That is Glacier, Archer, and Shabina." 

"The rouge sparklings," Turn and Burn joked. 

"They never really knew their parents. Our old alpha, Python, took'em in." Back Lash explained. 

"They were sorta like everyone's sparklings." Storm Watch added. 

"Well then I guess they're coming too," I said grinning. 

Shabina tackled Glacier and Archer rushed to his defense pushing her off. She quickly grabbed his tail and swung him into my foot. I reached down and lifted Shabina by her wings and set her on my back, before getting the boys. 

Ratchet opened a bridge and my pack followed me into the base. Well the others hadn't been expecting this, to say the least. However I could detect no hostility. A week or so passed and the groups seemed to take to each other nicely. 

"I'm detecting an Autobot homing beacon." Ratchet announced, rather astonished. 

"That smells like a con trick," Iron Bolt sneered, standing not far behind Ratchet. He loved the console, he didn't quite understand it himself. Preds had been banned from touching the console, save for me and Saw Bones, we had some sort of training on how to use the ground bridge and sensors .

"It may be Iron Bolt, but we must check it out." Optimus replied. 

I lept from one of the beams near the ceiling, many of the more agile preds shared the space with me now. I missed my peace and quiet sometimes but the company was well worth it. 

"Optimus, I recommend bringing substantial backup, Iron is right this seems like a trick. Something to lure us out." I advised. 

"Agreed," Optimus responded, "Even in the event this is not a trap and they have unearthed a new relic, it could be to dangerous for a team of just autobots."

I selected Dark Horse, Back Lash, and Iron Bolt for their power and combat savvy, then Blade Runner, and Hydroplane for their skill. Optimus, Bulkhead, Ultramagnus, Bee, and Wheeljack joined us. 

To say the least Iron Bolt was right, this had been to draw me out. There were around eight  predacons standing ready to attack behind Predaking in addition to the dozens of troopers standing ready behind Starscream. 

Predaking seemed shocked, good news for us, he clearly hadn't discovered that  other predacons had taken refuge on this planet. 

"Well Predaking this looks to a pretty even stand off." I opened.

"From where I stand it looks like this will be your final time in combat." Predaking growled. 

"Then we must be standing in very different places." I shot back. 

"Let us end this." Predaking rumbled, he charged forward his underlings following him. I mirrored the movement leading my unit into combat. We clashed, there were more of Predaking's pack but mine were stronger. 

Predaking had clearly sharpened his talons in preparation, they put some sizable slices into my armor. He and 2 of his lackeys fought me. One wound up on my back, the other was taking my frontal assault. Predaking was slashing and biting at my back legs like the coward he was. I wound up throwing the predacon on my back into the one in front of me then I sent Predaking back with a strike from my back legs and tail. 

We were out numbered is was 2 or 3 to one, my pack was getting tired. I knocked away on of the preds before tapping my com, "Ratchet, I we need back up." I barked into my com. A bridge opened and a flood of fresh energoned fighters ran through battle ready, and the tide of the battle began to turn near immediately and I got my second wind. 

 Predaking's pack was beginning to retreat, apparently without his consent. "Return to battle you cowards!" He roared as even the ones he had been fighting me with turned tail and ran. 

I pinned him to the ground with my weight and strength, "I will not end you here, but be warned, if you endanger those I care about further. I will not be gentle." I growled before allowing him to get up and run after his fleeing pack. 

I raised my head and roared, tradition, my pack claimed victory, had to let the world know. My pack roared with me joining in the declaration. 

We returned to the base in high spirits to find Ratchet and Saw Bones had been prepping sick bay for much worse injuries.

I was, admittedly the most torn up and received the most attention from Saw Bones, and in addition the longest lecture. "How? Just how?" He barked looking my plating over, he always treated in his bot mode. "How the frag did you wind up with this many scratches? They were clones!" He seemed to almost be in an up roar, and well... I couldn't really blame him. I had scratches practically covering my back. 

When he finished his rant he got down to work, and I could not argue with the results. I stood feeling much better as they had restored my energon reserves. 

From were I stood I surveyed my pack, my autobot and predacon pack, and smiled. It made me feel warm, they were happy and safe.  

I wandered outside looking up at the stars. I climbed atop a rock formation, my talons cut into the rock to brace myself as I unleashed a thunderous roar. I listened to it's echo. When a predacon roared like that over a selection of land it could mean a few things, but this one was pretty clear:

This is my land, my territory, those who live here with me are my pack, my family. I defend them with my life, try to take this land whoever dare! For I will take them on and send them running.

_______________________________________

The next book is out: The Love We Let Go Of