08~From Nada To Jealousy

D A V O N: (Monday)

Its been two days since the whole mall thing and seeing Ava in that position wouldn't leave my head. And also the fact that Josh is going to ask her to the prom bothers me! I just need to think of something like a plan to make sure he doesn't ask her. Or that doesn't happen.

"Davon you okay?" I heard Flora ask.

"Yeah go ahead I'm gonna wait for Josh." I said.

"Oh okay. Come on Ava." She says getting out of my truck.

I sat there in my truck waiting for Josh to come. Minutes passed and it was almost time for the bell to ring and Josh still hasn't come. Where the hell could he be? I thought to myself feeling myself getting frustrated. I grabbed my phone and decided to text him.

D: Hey where are you?
J: At school.
D: What where's your car?
J: Home my mom dropped me off
D: Okay so where are you?
J: Walking with Ava and talking to her. And you're right she's cool.

After that text I grabbed my bag and ran inside the school. I started running around the school looking for them. But then I ended up bumping into someone.

"Emily." I said when I saw it was her.

"Davon hey sorry for you know bumping into you." She says picking up her things.

"Oh no I'm sorry here." I said helping her with them.

"Thanks." She smiled and then walked off.

"Yeah sure." I said as I watched her walk off.

Just then I saw a familiar hair color and face walking by so I started walking in the same direction. I happen to notice that it was Ava and she was walking with Josh.

"That's funny." I heard her say and she laughed.

"Yeah so I just wanted to say sorry you for picking on you. I'm not sure why Davon did it but for me I thought that you were pretty and I like you." He tells her and she stops. She looks at him with wide eyes.

"Y-you like me?" She asks.

"Yeah. I.....I um I thought all weekend about how to tell you because didn't know how to so I thought that I'd just tell you right away before it's too late." He tells her and I saw that she smiled.

"Will uh thanks I don't know what to say. This is the first time someone has ever said this to me." She says in a shy voice.

"Oh wow will um you don't have to say you like me back yet just take some time to think about it, but not too long okay." He says and walks off letting go of her hand.

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't believe that he would do that I mean he didn't even like her before!

"Davon?" I heard someone call out. I looked and saw that it was Ava looking at me concerned. "Are you okay?" She asks.

"Oh um yeah I'm fine." I said and saw that she had a bit a pink on her cheeks. "Just perfect." I said under my breath.

"Okay." She smiled with a nod and I saw how her cheeks gotten even pinker. The bell ranged and she turned around to walk off to her class but I grabbed her arm making her stop and look at me.

"I was wondering if you can meet me?" I asked.

"Meet you? Where?" She asks.

"During lunch I'll text you where by fourth period." I tell her.

"Oh okay. Will can you let go of my arm so I can get to class?" She asks and I realized that I was still holding onto her arm.

"Oh sorry." I said letting go of her arm.