TGWOD chapter 14

While Stiles was talking with Deaton, Derek arrived at Scott's home. When he got to the door, Isaac opened the door and led him to the lounge.

"So Scott tells me that I've to talk to you so what do you want to talk to me about, Derek?",

Isaac says in a dismissive tone, it immediately gets Derek's back up and he just wants to forget it but then he remembers that Stiles wants him to sort this out and he knows he has to eat with the Sheriff and if he doesn't fix this, then he can probably kiss goodbye to any Stiles and Derek time at Stiles's house. So he keeps his face open, and remembers to keep his eyebrows as little judgy as possible.

"I wanted to apologise for what I did to you at the loft. The Alphas wanted me to kill my betas and they were doing a good job of making that happen. I couldn't have you killed, you were my first beta and had suffered so much. I wanted you to be safe. I knew that if I just asked you to leave, you wouldn't because you and I were close and you're the loyalist beta I have ever known. I knew that loyalty would end up with you dead and me completely wrecked because I couldn't lose you. I did the only thing I knew would get you to leave me, I treated you like your Dad had done.

"I knew it was wrong, and I knew that it would hurt you but rather that than dead. Stiles has ripped me a new one for what I did to you, and he tells me that I should have found another solution. In fact, he gave me 20 different solutions from the top of his head that wouldn't have ended up with you being thrown out and hit with a glass. I'm not Stiles, though, I couldn't come up with hundreds of different solutions, I found one and I knew it would work. I just didn't realise that it'd be as effective as it was. I want to apologise to you for what I did, I know it'll take time for you to trust me again but I'm happy to wait. I just hope that you can find it in you to forgive me."

Isaac was looking at Derek as if he wasn't sure if he recognised the person

"Do you know, Derek, I think that's the most amount of words I've ever heard you speak. I've had time to think about it and Scott has talked to me too. I said some pretty hurtful things. I accused you of only wanting us for power and telling you that you were doing nothing to help Cora. When I heard that you'd given up your Alpha Spark for Cora, even if in the end it just depleted your reserves, showed me how far wrong my accusations were.

"Scott, now he's an Alpha, realises that his reactions are not the the same as they were as a Beta. In fact, he beat me up today over Allison. He apologised afterwards and told me it was hard to control his anger as an Alpha. So I think I get it, other than that time, you were always careful with me and gave me a home. I was loyal to you because you were a good Alpha and hopefully we can get back to where we were. I am sorry that I reacted so badly, but I suppose we can just say that your plan worked and you kept me safe."

Derek eyes flashed red and he looked like he wanted to attack Scott when he heard that Scott had beaten Isaac especially over an Argent girl. In the end, he calmed down and asked

"Do you want to come home to the loft? I still have your room and it's yours whenever you want it. In addition, Stiles has agreed to be my mate so I intend to sleep at his house most of the time. Stiles also is interested in instituting 'Puppy Piles' as he likes to call it so you should expect to be asked to sleep in Stiles's bed more often than not.

Isaac gave Derek his best puppy eyes and said

"I'd like that very much".

Derek then called Scott and having glared at him told them that they should both come with him to the food store so that they could pick Stiles up and then make their way back to the Sheriff's.