TGWOD chapter 25

Lydia and Stiles were sat in Deaton's office. Stiles read out the list for the treaty that they had come up with

"The Hale-McCall Pack and the Dorkins Pack agree to the following provisions in dealing with Pack members of the other Pack. A Pack member can be either a were or non-were.

1. The Resident Pack will provide passage through the borders of their territory to members of the Visiting Pack without fear of molestation. The Visiting Pack agrees to give Notice to the Resident Pack, no less than seven (7) days prior to their arrival. The Resident Pack agrees to give notice within three (3) days of receiving such notice if permission to enter the territory is to be denied.

2. The Resident Pack will provide protection to the members of the Visiting Pack whilst in the territory of the Resident Pack. This includes the assistance in attack, medical assistance, and Full Moon Runs but does not exclude other forms of protection.

3. The Resident Pack will not provide accommodation to the Visiting Pack.

4. When in the Resident Pack's territory, the Visiting Pack members will provide all assistance to the Resident Pack if the request is reasonable.

4. A member of the Visiting Pack can bring a grievance to the Alpha or Alphas of the Resident Pack against a member of the Resident Pack if that member believes that he has been ill-treated or in breach of the alliance. The Alpha or Alphas of the Resident Pack will convene a meeting which includes the Alpha or Alphas of the Visiting Pack to decide the merit of the claim. The conclusion and any punishment must be acceptable to the Alpha or Alphas of both Packs.

5. Each Pack will share knowledge with the other on request regarding supernatural beings and the way to defeat them.

6. Where a member of the Visiting Pack requires to remain in the territory of the Resident Pack, on approval of the Alpha or Alphas of the Resident Pack, that member will be afforded all the benefits and protections that comes from being a member of the Resident Pack and is expected to abide by the rules of that Pack but is not expected to submit to the Alpha of the Resident Pack. Punishment cannot be administered without the approval of the Alpha or Alphas of the Visiting Pack.

7. A member of the Visiting Pack can request a transfer to the Resident Pack and on the agreement of the Alpha or Alphas of both packs will submit to the Alpha or Alphas of the Resident Pack."

Stiles passed the list to Deaton after finishing it. Deaton perused the list and said

"This looks fine to me. I don't see any reference to one pack being able to call for assistance from the other pack. Normally this is one of the mainstays of these types of agreements. Do you want to add it?"

Lydia answered

"We considered it, but Stiles thinks that as we have a True Alpha there's the risk that the Dorkins Pack will ask for our assistance in all their current disputes as a way to increase their positions as other Packs will be worried about having to face a True Alpha. If necessary in the meeting, Derek can say that we'd consider adding that provision some time down the line if the alliance holds. Besides, we're not big enough yet to be able to help others, leaving our territory with only a small garrison at this stage is a risk."

Deaton nodded

"Very well, I suggest that you fax the final draft agreement to me for perusal before either side signs it."

With that Stiles and Lydia thanked Deaton and left.