TGWOD chapter 27

Jackson's warm feelings for Stiles didn't last long. Stiles had forced them all to see the Tower of London, St Paul's and they were currently sitting outside a bar in Leicester Square. Stiles had obviously done his research and was throwing facts and figures out left right and center. Whilst it was annoying Jackson, Derek looked fond and highly amused. Both Lydia and Danny didn't seem to be bothered so Jackson decided that he had got unused to Stiles and his ADHD ways.

Jackson had invited them all to his home, on his parent's request. His parents were also missing Beacon Hills and they were glad to have people round where they could catch up on the gossip. Here Stiles was a fount of information, as the son of the Sheriff, he knew everything that had happened in Beacon Hills. For that night, it was as if they were all back home and everyone was glad of the company.

Jackson was meant to be sleeping at home but after an hour he snuck out of his window and made his way to the Holiday Inn. He just used the key to the room he had, stripped off and just dropped on the others and wriggled until he was comfortable. He was going to enjoy the Puppy Pile for as long as he could.

The next morning, Stiles and Lydia took Jackson aside. That afternoon, they were off by train to Lewes to meet with the Dorkins Pack. Jackson was to be the second to Derek. It was his role to stand behind Derek when he sat and stay alert. Jackson was amused when he was told that Lydia would be kneeling at his feet and Stiles by Derek.

He was less amused when he found he had to remain silent and speak only when spoken to. He also didn't like that he had to show absolute deference to Derek. It didn't matter what Derek did to him he had to submit to it and he had to show absolute respect to the Dorkins Alpha, mate and second.

Stiles explained that this was so that Jackson could have the protection of a pack in London and he could finally run on Full Moons with a pack without any fear of being caught.

After breakfast they all made there way to Charring Cross Station to get the train to Lewes. Danny was joining them but not for the meetings so he resolved to walk some of the South Downs while he waited. As this was the last time that Stiles and Lydia could speak they were making sure that Derek had all the information he needed together with a copy of the draft provisions for the alliance.

When they arrived at the Station all the wolves could tell that there were wolves on the platform to meet them. They made a point of ensuring that Derek exited first, followed by Jackson, then Danny and finally Lydia and Stiles. A man the size of Ennis came up to them and said

"Greetings, Alpha Hale, welcome to the Dorkins Territory, I trust you've had a easy journey."

He didn't acknowledge any of the others in the party.

"I'm Terry, I'm the son of the Alpha and my mate, Dianne. My older brother, Phil, would've been here to greet you but he's otherwise engaged. We've a car that can take you. Unfortunately it's only a five-seater. Will your pets be okay to sit in the boot. Don't worry, it's a hatchback and I've laid a blanket down for them, they'll be quite comfortable."

Derek stiffened his back and hoping Stiles and Lydia could telepathically hear his "Sorry" told Terry that was quite acceptable and thanked him for the consideration of his pets comfort. Stiles and Lydia climbed into the trunk without a word but from a side glance Derek could tell that they were working out the best way to destroy Terry.

Danny watched them go and was laughing at how Lydia and Stiles were treated. If this didn't go the way they hoped, the Dorkins group would find out how vicious the "Pets"could be.

They were driven to a lovely Georgian house with large grounds and beautifully appointed rooms. They were taking to the drawing room where the Alpha, his mate and second, Phil, was waiting for them.