TGWOD chapter 16

Stiles and Derek were in San Francisco. They had just had their eighth session with their therapist and it was going well.

A great breakthrough had been made when Stacie, the therapist, was able to introduce them to a young beta, Beau. He had formally been from the Jessop Hunter family. It turned out that Kate had become a hero in the Hunter community for what she had done to the Hales. The Jessops had contacted her and with her information of how she had destroyed the Hales, they set the same plan in action. It only broke down because Beau had fallen in love with his mark, a young werewolf that he was to get close to, and so he told his love the plan. Once the Jessop family had been dealt with Beau had asked for forgiveness and to be bitten so he could stay with the girl he loved.

Beau was able to tell Derek exactly how Kate had gone about starting the fire at the Hale Mansion. The adolescents were marked for romantic relationships mostly so that they could be lured for kidnap if needed as a fail-safe, in addition they acted as a distraction. The Alpha would be more interesting in keeping track of their children than looking carefully at their borders. Information on the family was obtained through bugs which were installed when the siding was replaced and surveillance cameras in the trees surrounding the house.

Hearing the destruction of his family set out in such clinical terms was hard for Derek but finally he could put the guilt behind him. Stiles had recorded the conversation on his iPhone, he hoped that it could bring some closure for Uncle Peter too and he could put his misplaced anger against Derek once and for all aside. That night, Derek grieved for his family for the first time while Stiles held him close to his body.

Stacie was also trying to deal with Derek's intimacy issues, she had been devising techniques to instigate further physical intimacy which wouldn't trigger a problem for Derek.

Last week, she had asked Derek and Stiles to masturbate while lying next to each other. She wanted Derek to get used to letting go in front of Stiles without worrying about it all going wrong. This time, she had asked them to masturbate whilst the other one watched. The twist was that she wanted the watching partner to direct the other's hand in exactly what they should do. Both could see this was a step towards making love but still involved no actual sexual touching. As such the Sheriff couldn't use it against Derek. In addition, as Derek had never done this before, it had no triggers for him. If Derek could relax and trust Stiles to pleasure him in this way, it would stand them in good stead when they took the final step.

Stiles felt wired after the session and wanted to try it immediately. However, Derek wasn't so sure so he suggested they visited an occult shop he had heard of in San Francisco. When they got there Stiles found that most of the things were just useless tat for Goths to have in their bedrooms but after a while one of the older assistants came over and said that they should go in the back room as they'd find many things suitable for wolves. Stiles thanked her and taking Derek's arm walked through the door marked 'Private: Employees only'. This was much more the things he was looking for. He was like a kid in a candy store.

Stiles bought a steel flick knife that had been forged with Mistletoe, Mountain Ash and Silver. This had runes on the handle in which the blade rested that removed the scent of the additives. Stiles was just going through the books when he felt a painful shiver go down his back, he instinctively knew that there was something wrong with his Pack.

He stuttered

"Derek, something's wrong at home"

He tried to call Scott but went straight to voice mail. He was just going to call Cora when Scott called and said that Lydia, Danny and Isaac had been captured by Deucalion. The three of them had gone to the movies with Allison and the twins and they had been captured when they had gone to their cars afterwards. The twins had been badly hurt trying to save Lydia and Danny but Allison had been able to save herself. Apparently Deucalion had been with three other Alphas. Stiles and Derek left the shop immediately and made their way back to the car.