TGWOD chapter 20

In a few hours, Isaac, Cora and Lydia began to stir. Isaac and Cora were fully healed but Lydia, whilst awake, was in pain because of the bite in her side.

As it was a full moon the wolves were getting restless and Stiles suggested that they all go out and run in the preserve, taking Danny with them, as long as Derek and Scott kept him with them. Before they left, he came up to Danny and asked him if he was ready to submit to Scott and if he was to raise his head so that Scott could bite at his throat. Danny nodded and showed his throat to Scott who immediately gently bit down until Danny's eyes flashed gold to show his submission. Everyone hugged Danny and welcomed him fully to the pack.

While this was going on Stiles threw his arms around Derek's waist and kissed him.

"Thanks for finding me today, Derek, and for helping me with Danny. Now take our new pup out with you and keep him safe".

Whilst the wolves were out running in the preserve, Stiles first went up to Cora's room to find some Pyjamas that Lydia could change in and then took Lydia into the bathroom to tend to her bite. He cleaned out the wound; rubbed Neosporin into it and then covered it in a dressing and stuck it down with micro-pore tape.

"Lydia, I'm so glad that we found you safe and almost well. Aiden and Ethan are okay but they didn't take losing you both well and Deaton had to sedate them as they'd gone feral. With the full moon, I don't think it'd be wise to go there as anything could happen but I'll take you and Danny to see them tomorrow. Why don't you get out of those bloody clothes and change into these Pyjamas."

While Lydia got changed, Stiles got his phone and ordered ten pizzas for everyone and went to sit by Allison. When Lydia came in she sat on the other side of Stiles and rested her head on his shoulder and asked

"What happened Stiles?"

Stiles petted her hair and said

"After you were taken, Derek and I returned to Beacon Hills to help find you. We were following every lead but unfortunately we didn't have much to go on. Thankfully Allison had been able to flee and so she was our best hope of finding you. In the end, I got lucky and could make out what make of car they'd taken you away from the scene in. I was on my way to the Station to look at the surveillance footage to see if I could track the car when I was jumped.

"When I awoke, I was tied next to you three. You two had been bitten as punishment for Ethan and Aiden leaving Deucalion's Pack.. He hadn't touched me yet, probably as a bargaining tool for his argument with Derek and Scott. Thankfully I'd swallowed a tracking device so that the others could find where we were kept and I'd a knife in my back pocket. While Deucalion was out of the room, I managed to free myself and when he came in, I slit his throat and plunged my knife into his heart. He didn't get a chance to touch me.

"The others had found us and had killed the other Alphas bar one. He was tied up and I killed him. I'm not going to let anyone live who hurts our family. We let Deucalion live and look what it did to us. Now, my Dad can't know that I killed anyone, he just wouldn't be able to cope with it. So if Dad asks, Derek saved us. He needs the brownie points with my Dad".

At that point, there was a knock on the door and Stiles let his Dad in. The Sheriff pulled his son into a fierce hug.

"Don't worry me like that again, son. I'm glad that you are safe".

He checked his son over to make sure there was no harm done to him and when he was satisfied he hugged his son again. Stiles led his dad to sit on the large sofa with Lydia and Allison. Stiles could see his dad looking round for all the others and he smiled and said

"The others are out running in the Preserve because it's a full moon. They'll tire themselves out pretty soon and I'll expect them back in a few hours. Are you ready for your first Puppy Pile? You can't wear your uniform, Dad, and I doubt you'll be comfortable in just your boxers so do you want some of my sweats and top.

His Dad, looked at what he was wearing for a second and almost seemed to be debating internally if he was willing to sleep in just his boxers, he did so at home after all. In the end though, he caught sight of Lydia and Allison and remembered that he was going to be sleeping in a pile of juveniles.

"I don't know if this is a good idea but I suppose I should see what these Puppy Piles are like from the inside but I think I'll be more comfortable in those sweats, son."

After Stiles had come down carrying the clothes and his Dad had gone in the bathroom to change, the door bell rang signalling that the Pizzas were here. When his Dad came back into the room, he sat next to Stiles and was happy to be given some pizza whilst they watched CSI Miami: both Stiles and his Dad scoffed at the poor detective work.

In a few hours, the others came in playfully jumping on each other but suddenly got very shy when they saw the Sheriff there.

Stiles got up and pushed them down onto the couch while he went in to reheat the Pizzas and bring in the Sodas. He got Danny to give him a hand as he wanted to see what his first run had been like.

Danny threw himself over Stiles's back, hugged him and rubbed his cheek over his shoulders.

"It was great Stiles, you should join us. We ran through the Preserve and we hunted a deer. Scott brought it down and we all ate it. I know it should feel terrible but it was great, we all worked together and the need to hunt was overwhelming. I felt so alive. Then we spent the rest of the time chasing each other. I'm tired and hungry".

Stiles turned round in Danny's embrace and smiling said

"I'm glad you had a great time. Why don't you take these sodas in while I'll get these Pizzas out of the oven".

Within minutes of bringing the Pizzas in, there were just empty boxes and everyone was over their shyness. Stiles got up and said,

"Is everyone ready for bed?"

and taking his clothes off led the others to the bed. The Sheriff stayed with Stiles and made sure that he was between Stiles and Scott who he felt the most comfortable with, so Derek had to sleep plastered to Stiles's back. The Sheriff after a mild panic realised that he had his son in his arms like he had slept when he had been a child. He could have lost him today and here he was safe and well. They had been getting more distant over the last year but here he was sleeping by his son (admittedly his son's boyfriend, his best friend and five other of his seventeen year old friends).

He looked at his son and soothed

"Good night son, sleep well, I love you".

The Sheriff was surprised when he woke up a few hours later, he hadn't expected he would have slept but he had woken up extremely overheated. He could see the rationale for only wearing boxers. He pulled himself out of the Pile to lie on the sofa because he couldn't take the heat any longer. He marvelled how the Pile just moved to take up the space. Within seconds Stiles had rolled onto his back and Derek had moved to lie on Stiles and Scott was doing the same. There seemed to be a leg from someone he couldn't identify that was lying over all three of them. The others moved without waking to get as close to each other as possible.

He now realised why they liked the Puppy Piles as they were comforting but he decided he would only join them when Stiles was back from being put in danger. Knowing their luck, this might be a weekly thing.