TGWOD chapter 17

Chapter Text

Stiles woke up tied to a chair, his feet tied to each leg, his arms tied behind his back and a cloth gagging his mouth. The room was dark but he he could tell that he wasn't alone. The side of his hip was on fire but in the darkness he couldn't investigate what was wrong.

Stiles took deep breaths and tried to listen or smell anything that could give him any advantage in the situation. After a few minutes, the lights came on which made Stiles wince and Deucalion walked in.

"Ah, Stiles, so good that you could join us. Forgive the rudeness of my colleagues when they invited you to join us. I'm glad that I've you all here".

Stiles looked round and could see Danny and Lydia still slumped in their chairs with a bite mark on the side of their body and Isaac bloody and unconscious tied with wolfsbane impregnated ropes. That explained the pain in his side, Deucalion had bitten him.

"Yes, Stiles, we've bitten you, since you took away my last pack I'm in the process of growing my pack again. You'll either become my Betas or you can kill you pack and join us as Alphas. I've been having a nice time looking through Isaac's memories, I'm sorry I had to be a bit rough with him but he should wake up tomorrow. It looks like you are Derek's mate: Congratulations! Hopefully Derek will see it as a nice Mate Gift that I've turned you into a werewolf. If he submits to me and joins my Pack, I'll let him keep you. I'm sure the True Alpha wouldn't want to be without you either so I'll give him the same choice. You're like the gift that keeps on giving, Stiles.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Danny and Lydia. I took them to punish Ethan and Aiden: no one leaves my Pack. I'll wait to see what their wolves are like. Maybe I'll just kill them for what little power they can give me."

Stiles realised that Deucalion didn't know of Lydia's immunity and he hoped that Danny survived the bite.

"I'll leave you for a while and let you and your wolves get acquainted, cheerio for now."

On the other side of town, the Sheriff saw the Jeep outside with the door open. When he went out he could see blood on the floor. He called Derek immediately

"Derek, they've taken Stiles. His Jeep is outside the station. I'm going to see if we can see anything on the surveillance tapes for the Station's car park."

Derek howled, which was taken up both by Scott and Cora. He nearly broke his phone but he could tell that Stiles was still alive because he could feel the mate bond. All three of them ran back to the loft. When he got back, he grabbed Chris by the neck and screamed

"You let Stiles go out alone!'

Chris was beginning to black out when Derek let go of him. When he slumped on the floor. He rubbed his neck and croaked

"I didn't realise he was going to be alone, I thought he would've called one of you. However, this may give us the opportunity to trace them. Allison can you pull up the tracker program and we'll see if we can pinpoint where Stiles is."

Allison pulled up the program and pulled up the map for Beacon Hills. They could see all their trackers in the loft but there was no other tracker to be seen on the map. In his frustration, Derek smashed his hand on the table and broke it in two.

Allison tried to soothe Derek

"Calm down, Derek, there's no way that Deucalion knows of the tracker, even if he's naked, the tracker is inside him. It has a range of 200 miles so there's no way they could have got that far away as Stiles has only been gone twenty minutes. So he must still be in the area. We'll find him. The only way they could stop the tracker from reaching us was if he was over hundred feet underground. Where's there in the area that has a basement below ground more than one hundred feet?"

Derek grabbed his phone and called the Sheriff

"Sir, we've reason to believe that Stiles is being held underground. Is there anywhere that's deep in the ground more than one hundred feet in the area? You've a map that might help. Great we're on our way."

Derek and the other wolves didn't wait, they ran all the way to the Station. Chris and Allison followed in their car. When they got there, the Sheriff had already laid out the detailed map of Beacon Hills and was scouring over it. No one said it but they all wished Stiles or Lydia could be here as they would have worked this out immediately.

After looking at the map for over an hour Cora said

"What about this, the old abandoned gold mine?"

Everyone looked at it and just knew that was where they were being kept.

Derek was ready to go in claws and teeth. His mate was in danger. In the end, though, Stiles had rubbed off on him. He knew they had to have a plan. They didn't know how many Alphas there were, they knew there were at least three but there could be more. Chris thought he had something that could help them. He and Stiles had created an emitter that would attract the wolves but could be destroyed. The emitter had a camera so that it was possible to see what was going on around it. Inside it had extract of wolfsbane. When it was exploded the shrapnel would be coated in the wolfsbane and these pieces would incapacitate any wolf in the area. Hopefully that would even out the odds.

When they got to the area where the mine was, they knew they had been right. They could see a werewolf standing guard outside and obviously the others were running the perimeter. Scott and Derek placed the two emitters in different parts of the area and returned to where the others were waiting.