Bankotsu x reader

It has been a rough day for the group so far.

You've had a rather rough run in with a few wandering Samurai and thanks to Kagome's strategic method of 'making peace' with the bastards trying to kill you all and got your asses nearly handed to you until Inuyasha used the windscar that is.

Kagome had been rather pissed at him and you couldn't understand why. Sure the men who nearly succeeded in decapitating head from body had been wounded badly but, you were all alive.

In all honesty, everyone in the group had became annoyed with kagome frequent babble about her aching feet even if you had just began walking two minutes ago. Inuyasha was slowly becoming fed up that you head him mumble as he rubbed his forehead with a frustrated sigh "Just Sit me and get it over with" he said to himself.

You snorted at him and he shrugged at you before he shook his head at kagome's bantering. That's when there was a loud shrek of Thunder followed by kagome's own shrek of terror.

However, Inuyasha ignored that and looked up at the sky before extending an arm out towards you pulling you back "Stay behind me. It's bankotsu" Inuyasha growled and you raised a brow before turning to sango who took her Hiraikotsu from her shoulder.

"Who's bankotsu?" You asked her.

"He's the leader of a group of merciless mercenaries named the band of seven. He's the last of his group that we know of at least and he's been hunting us down since" she answered and you nodded understandingly before turning back up to the sky in question.

Clouds began to form into the once blue, clear sky as the thunder roared to life and the winds picked up.

"Take cover!" Miroku yelled from behind before we all saw a strike of lightning hit the middle of the group which was unoccupied.

You heard shippo the little fox demon squeal in freight over the high pitched winds and hold onto you before climbing up into your arms. You shielded him from the winds narrowing your eye's to see as the group made their way into a clearing where there were no tree's.

You all then heard a laugh from above, it was male and filled with dark intentions "I've told you before!" The man from above yelled as you looked up.

"You couldn't hide forever inutrasha!" The man yelled and your eye's widened slightly as you caught sight of him. He was your age at least around his late teens or early twenties, he had a conniving smirk on his face and it was twisted with mischief, cruelty and pain maybe even remorse.

You looked at him a bit intrigued your fear of the floating man, who had a giant sized sword as tall as himself, decreased slightly until thunder struck the sky once more.

That's when the man claimed to be named Bankotsu raised his weapon "Now I'll pay you back for the lives you stole from me!" He cried into the sky as he raised his sword before spinning it slightly and that's when he'll broke loose.

Lightning ripped through the skies and you all cried out as the winds threatened to drag you all away. Inuyasha sticks his tetsusaiga into the ground before with a groan and a growl he begins running forward.

Bankotsu however smirks as lightning strikes in front of him, inuyasha raises tetsusaiga trying to deflect the attack however he's blasted backwards.

He land's with a groan and you run over to him putting Shippo's protesting form into Kagome's arm's. You lean down to him noticing the smoking burn on his arm as he sits up "Inu. We can't beat him today. We need to go, your too hurt to fight" you shout over the thunder storm.

Inuyasha looks at you from the corner of his eye before he nods and you all begin to fall back until, a lightning bolt strikes beside the group tossing them back.

You groan as you land on your back away from your group and you look up your vision blurry slightly. You notice Bankotsu has lowered slightly to the ground and his expression isn't as crazed but, his smile faded and his head lowered.

And a bolt of lightning was headed straight towards him.

The lives you stole from me...

You couldn't believe you were doing this.

"Bankotsu look out!" You yelled over to him and he looked you way in confusion before he looked up and with wide eye's he tossed himself backwards.

The lightning strike narrowly misses him and he groans as he land's, his clothes steaming. His sword falls but, the thunder and lighting continue.

You sit up weakly before shaking your head of drowsiness and looking towards your group. They were groaning in pain and beginning to sit up, you looked Bankotsu's way and he locked eye's with you.

Lightning flashed highlighting both your faces as your eye's linked and you couldn't bring yourself to look away that's when he suddenly moved.

"(Y/n)!!" You heard your group yell your way behind you and you turned before you gasped and with a shrek you noticed a bolt of lightning coming to strike you down. You couldn't move fast enough to dodge that and so you closed your eye's preparing for the pain.

Instead you felt an arm wrap around your waist and someone press you to his body before you heard a slight zap and something strike metal with a clang.

You looked up in shock your eye's opening and you were suddenly face to face with your enemy who stared wide eyed at you.

"Your...not like the other one..." he said before he let you go as if reluctant and backed away.

You looked at him surprised and cock ed your head his way noticing the thunder has stopped and the winds slowing down.

"You....you saved me. Why?" You whispered his way and he looked away from you before he put his sword onto the sheath of his back.

"I thought I'd return the favor" he answered and you smiled at him slightly causing him to glance at you before his face reddened and he looks behind you.

"I don't see why your traveling with that pack of freaks" he said with a mumble and you giggled causing him to look at you as he crosses his arm's.

"Your the mercenary here" you stated and he nodded "A mercenary that can kill you and who thoroughly enjoys what he does" he says waving his hand towards your group.

"Wouldn't you have done so already?" You asked him confused arm's his playful mood slipped before he snorted "I've got the kills i needed for my banryuu. I don't need anymore for a while" he said before he turned.

"Rude".

"Oh don't be like that baby. We've only just met and your calling me rude?!" He asked your turning his back once more walking backwards facing you with a smirk.

"Shut up and leave before your dog chow!" You shouted his way the winds still up but slowing down as you moved your hair out of your face to see inuyasha shaking out some soot.

"I see your not wondering when we'll meet again?!" He yelled down from his spot inching into the trees.

"Nor I you" you yelled back.

" two shay!" He shouted back.

You giggled as you see him disappear into the woods finally leaving with a smirk.

"Obviously we'll be meeting again soon" you whispered to yourself before running over to inuyasha. You didn't bother looking back into the shadows of the forest to see the glint of Bankotsu's banryuu as he watched he'd from his perch on the branch of an old pine.

He barely suppressed his chuckle "(y/n) huh?" He looked up into the sky before he got up and leaped off the branch heading to the nearest village.