Chapter 1

Welcome to Memento!

~

-2 weeks previous-

Adrian stepped out of the shower, his hand grabbing a towel and drying his body, school started for him in thirty minutes so his actions were rushed as he paced the room, getting ready.

He quickly brushed his teeth, pulling his clothes onto his body as he stumbled around, trying hard not to lose his balance as he pulled down his shirt while also trying to put on his socks.

And just when he was ready to leave, his body swayed as he rushed towards the door, causing him to crash into the cabinet beside him, his amulet falling from the shelf to the ground.

"Crap!" Adrian cursed as he bent down to retrieve the pendant, collecting it from the floor and analysing it, searching for cracks or scratches, but to his relief and surprise the amulet was in perfect condition.

Adrian smiled, believing he'd gotten lucky and attached the pendent around his neck, it hung against his shirt as he walked out of his bedroom, ready to leave for school.

But as he left the room, he didn't notice the pendant shining with life around his neck, the light faded quickly, and by the time Adrian reached the bottom step of the stairs the glow had gone, restored to its usual appearance.

-Now-

-Adrian's POV-

"Their screams at night fill my head
Too late to act, their souls lay dead

The blood too potent, yet water clean
I prayed that it was all a dream

Night falls fast, howls fill my room
Hinting towards a certain doom

Don't come much closer, the noise is real
The pain in which I really feel

My heart beats fast, clock ticking slow
Nothing remains, it's time to go

Run my love and don't look back
My breathing wavers, sight turning black

The malice whispers fill your ears
Your face now wet, from your own tears

Your time has come, don't be alarmed
I'll keep him safe, he won't be harmed

I don't regret the decisions made
As my vision blurs and my memories fade

You're safe for now, my soul, my love
I'll watch you grow from up above

But please don't cry because I'm gone
My love for you will always live on

Don't hate me for decisions made
This is for you, the price is paid

Spoken, were, the words not true
Little did I know, I just sold my soul to you."

The class fell silent, the reaction being one of which I wanted. I needed to know, these thoughts have been filling my mind lately, filling my dreams, and I have no idea what they mean.

I didn't wait any longer, no one expected something so sinister from me. Sighing quietly, I slinked my way back to my seat at the back of the classroom, thankful for the seat by the window.

My gaze drifted outside, following the lonely, dark paths of the rain drops that raced down my window.

The clearing of a throat was loud and obnoxious, I guess it took them longer than expected to get over just how dark my writing had gotten.

I'm so going to regret this if people start thinking I'm depressed. I'm not depressed, I'm confused. I'm being haunted by something, but I don't know what it is.