Chapter 10

English was my favourite lesson, but I couldn't even concentrate here anymore. I gave up after listening to the teacher talk for about 20 minutes before I realised, I didn't hear anything she just said.

Groaning, I gave up, turning my attention to the boy that sat on the other side of the classroom. Why was he so far away?

I tried to catch his attention but I'm pretty sure he was ignoring me, trying his hardest to keep his attention on the lesson.

Oh, I don't think so. Grabbing the paper that was in front of me, I began to fold away until in front of me lay a pretty decent paper aeroplane.

Writing quickly on the inside and folding it back up, I threw it across the classroom, it skimmed past many students causing them to look at me and laugh quietly.

The paper aeroplane successfully landed on Zach's table and his eyes flickered to me quickly. I grinned as I watched him open the aeroplane to read what was inside.

The grin on my face grew wider as I watched his cheeks flush red. He shook his head, crumpling up the paper aeroplane and stuffing it in his pocket. I pouted but his attention went back onto the teacher.

Sighing, I grabbed another piece of paper, scribbling down another message before folding it into a square and passing it to the person who sat next to me.

Her eyes locked on mine before she nodded, passing the note to the person next to her, this carried on until it reached Zach's table.

He looked surprised as he took the note from the boy sitting next to him. His eyes locked on mine once more, his eyes softening. I grinned his way, nodding my head towards the note.

He opened the note, slowly. His cheeks once again heating up and this time he covered his face, refusing to look at anyone. The people in our row chuckled quietly, all except one who just looked confused.

My next class was boring, and I found myself spacing out more than once. I just couldn't get myself to focus throughout lessons anymore.

And what was even worse, I had Maths next, my least favourite subject. I didn't have time for school, there was still so much I had to know, so much I had to remember, but I didn't know how to go about doing that.

It was definitely time to ask Zach for help, if he could help me that is. Well he knew more about this than I did, he must know something, but if he did, Surely, he would have done something already.

Unless he couldn't, maybe this was something I had to do by myself, but how could I do that when I couldn't even remember anything?

I walked into the classroom, everybody already seated and waiting for the lesson to begin. The only seat left available was next to that one kid I bumped into a while ago. Oh great, I get to sit next to grumpy guts.

Sighing, I made my way over to him, taking the seat beside him. He didn't look at me, just stared down at the table in front of him. He wasn't even looking at anything, just kind of staring, intensely. Okay, weird. Maybe he liked tables?

That's when I noticed his face was scrunched up in pain. I felt bad for calling him weird, and curiosity got to me as I saw his hands clench at his sides.

"Are you okay?" I whispered, his eyes snapping to me. "Do you need to go to the nurse or something?"

He didn't speak just stared at me, his eyes were full of hurt and pain before they blinked silver, then died out again. I gulped, my mind automatically trying to tell me I imagined it, but I knew I didn't.

"Are you a Soul Waker?" I whispered, leaning closer so nobody would hear me. He stared at me in shock for a moment before his face scrunched up in pain again.