Chapter 2

My aunt and uncle left the room after they had finished eating, leaving me some time to myself; which I was thankful for.

Confusion is an annoying emotion, which in turn can be quite dangerous if you think about it.

After staring at my now cold dinner for heaven knows how long, I concluded that my aunt and uncle both knew what was happening to me.

Maybe craziness runs in the family, and they just didn't want to tell me to prevent me from worrying?

I think too much....

Deciding to call it quits, I covered my plate and placed it in the fridge before heading upstairs to my room.

I pulled my laptop out from under my bed and got under the covers, loading up Facebook and sending a quick message to Jake.

My Aunt and Uncle aren't too happy about the whole party but didn't exactly say no... I'll keep trying.

I checked my notifications, ignoring the unimportant ones, until a new friend request caught my attention.

Zach Myers wants to be your friend.

I quickly accepted the friend request, feeling my heart pounding against my chest.

A message popped up on the bottom of the screen but to my dismay, it was just Jake.

Gud luk dude wud be a shame 2 have 2 go without u.

There was something about Jake's wording that makes me uncomfortable.

I tried to talk him into texting normally when it came to me, so I didn't have to spend time trying to analyse what the message said, but he never listened.

Another message appeared, and I found myself staring at it for an embarrassingly long time before I finally opened it, feeling my hands shaking slightly, before I shook my head, cursing myself for how stupid I was acting.

A message from Zach, it simply read;

Hello.

I was surprised but had no time to ponder on more confusion before I found myself replying.

Adrian: Hey

Zach: Sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have run out on you like that.

Adrian: No worries, I understand why you did. Sorry about being so forward, I don't know what's going on with me lately. Didn't mean to scare you off.

Zach: You didn't scare me off.

Adrian: Oh? So, it was just my imagination when you ran out of the bathroom, huh?

Zach: No... but it wasn't because of that.

Adrian: Should have said yes, with everything that's going on lately I would have believed you.

Zach: You're not going crazy, Adrian.

Adrian: You sure about that? Because I swear my eyes turned silver.

Zach: Maybe they did.

Adrian: Now who's the crazy one? Don't worry, I'll personally request that we're roommates in the mental hospital.

Zach: I don't think you're allowed roommates in a mental hospital.

Adrian: That sounds lonely, why can't I have a roommate?

Zach: Having a roommate could be dangerous, especially if you hold a threat to yourself or others around you.

Adrian: But I'm friendly, I swear.