Chapter 13

We pulled up outside of a tattoo parlour, and Zach looked even more confused than he did before.

I opened the door for him and he stepped out of the car, but I still didn't say anything. We entered the shop and I walked straight into the back.

"Hey Paulo, how's it going?" Paulo was quite intimidating to others, he was big and covered in tattoos, he had muscles on his muscles.

"Hey little man, you finally get your memory back?"

"Yup, I'm back." I sat in the tattoo chair and leant back; Zach stood in the doorway looking very uncomfortable.

"So, what can I do for you?" He asked, cleaning his equipment.

"I was thinking Zach's name across the side of my thumb."

"Wait, what?" Zach demanded from the doorway, I smirked at him before turning back to Paulo.

"In black ink."

"Sure thing, kid." Paulo set up all the equipment he needed while my eyes trained on Zach, awaiting his reaction.

"B-But Adrian...are you sure about this?"

"I've never been surer in my life. After losing my memory, I realised I never, ever want to forget you again." Zach's eyes shone with fresh tears as he smiled, his eyes shining with love.

"You ready, kid?" Paulo asked and I nodded eagerly, before he began stabbing my skin with the needle.

I will admit it hurt a bit, but it was so worth it, my smile grew bigger and bigger the longer I looked at the tattoo. I was never going to regret getting this.

"Thanks man!" I walked back over to Zach and was about to pull him out the door with me, when he went over to where Paulo sat, taking a seat in the same chair I was just in.

"Uh Zach, what are you doing?"

"I want one too," was all he said before turning to Paulo and explaining he wanted my name on the opposite thumb, also in black ink.

My eyes widened as I watched him lean back in the chair, letting Paulo mark him for life with my name. He winked at me, a huge grin on his face.

He was getting a tattoo of my name...on the opposite side from mine. When we hold hands, the names will be touching.

Aw yeah! I love cheesy stuff. I grinned, staring at him and started rocking back and forth on my feet. The excitement was getting to me, and I found I couldn't keep still.

Finally, Paulo finished up and Zach examined the tattoo before grinning. He walked over to me holding his hand up, I placed mine against his and grinned, pulling him towards me and kissing him, hard.

"I love you," I gasped, before thanking Paulo once more and pulling Zach out of the room.

Paulo was a good friend of mine, so he insisted we didn't need to pay for the tattoos, said it was a welcome back present, which he thought was highly amusing.

We climbed back into the car and we drove home, pulling into the driveway. We entered the house and I pulled him towards me.

"So, what do you want to do, baby? Your choice." He thought for a moment before a grin appeared on his face.

"Mario Kart."

"Oh, it's on!"

~

Zach and I sat side by side on the floor, our backs leaning against the sofa behind us, as we played. I don't know how long we'd been playing for exactly, but I could see it was now dark outside.