Chapter 9

My eyes fell closed as I held the pendant in my hands, come on! Do something!

Sighing, I stood from where I sat on my bed, going over to my wardrobe. At the bottom lay a box, full of different memories from my life, I hadn't opened it in a long time, probably not since the accident.

Placing the box on the bed, I sat in front of it cross-legged and took a deep breath. I pulled the lid off the box and was presented with many different items.

Picking up the photos that lay on top, I saw a picture of my mother and father. They looked so good together, my dad held my mum around the waist, my mum smiling brightly as she looked at my father. You could see the love between them in the photo, it was breath-taking.

Love shone through both of their eyes, something you rarely see these days. Couples are everywhere but how many of them scream their love for each other through just their eyes alone?

It reminded me of the way Zach looked at me, kind of like we were...soul mates. Were my mum and dad soul mates? Was that even a thing?

The next picture was of me and them, I was around six-years-old in the picture and held a huge smile on my face as my dad held me, my mum holding my hand. I looked so happy.

Several different pictures of my mother, father and I, but nothing looked out of the ordinary, nothing stood out. They were just photos.

Next was a small black box, inside held my mother and fathers wedding rings. I pulled one out of the box, it was my fathers.

Examining the ring I noticed an engraving on the inside, it looked like writing but no writing I'd ever seen. They were symbols, but I didn't understand them. Pulling out my mother's wedding ring, I noticed the same engravings on hers.

Placing them carefully back in the box, I put them to the side, pulling out the next item, which was a book.

It had my name on the front cover, opening it, I found the same symbols inside. I guessed it was some sort of language but as I said, it was nothing like I'd ever seen before. Most of the pages were that way before I came across a page that had me blushing like crazy.

Before me was a page full of Zach's name, repeatedly in different fonts and colours, how cliché could I be? I groaned, trying not to compare myself to a little girl.

How could I not remember something like this? Did the accident do this? Is that even possible, to only lose certain parts of your memory? Surely my aunt and uncle would have said something though. I had so many questions but no answers, and now I was even more confused than before.

I kept flicking through the book, but it all seemed to be in that language. Well all except one excerpt, my eyes fell upon the words, written in my handwriting.

Jaxson keeps talking about a spell that can wipe one's memory, not all of it, just the things about our world.

It would really come in handy if someone were to stray upon our world, but I don't trust him. What if he were to turn on one of us and wipe our memory? The thought terrified me. I have too much to forget.

Paranoia has clearly gotten to me, that's why I'm currently writing in English as opposed to Ceixean. Just in case something goes wrong. Just in case I need to remember.

My name is Adrian Gallner and I'm from Galtolga, a world of magic and wonder, a land of beauty. We are peaceful, we are the beings of the souls.

Kasey and Jax Gallner are my parents. They taught me everything I know; I'd be lost without them.

I go to school in the human world, the people of Galtolga suggested it was the best option, that way we could grow around humans and learn their ways. Turns out we're not that different.