Chapter 11

-Zach's POV-

I sat at my usual table, waiting for Adrian, while I typed away on my computer. Ever since I found out Adrian had a journal, I wanted to make one myself. It was silly really, but I held onto it. I still wrote in my journal, even though he didn't.

If only there was a way he could remember, things could go back to normal and we could be happy again.

I thought I could cope with my decision, but it proved to be harder than I thought.

He loves me. The bond is too strong between us and I pushed, forcing my way through when I knew it was dangerous. I couldn't do it anymore, I couldn't pretend. I need him, I love him.

Someone sat down opposite me at the table, but it wasn't my love. The aura was different, but I still knew it, after all everybody knew him.

"Gabriel, what can I do for you?" I asked, closing the laptop. I couldn't stop my eyes from glancing around the cafeteria, in search for the only person I really wanted to see right now.

"Adrian's figured it out."

"He remembers?" I asked, my eyes growing wide as I stared at the boy in front of me, hope growing strongly in my chest.

"No, but I think he's found a way to remember."

My eyes narrowed on him, oh no. What has he done?

"What have you done, Gabriel?"

"I haven't DONE anything. Adrian said it was a spell that was cast on the amulet."

"So, what do we do? We don't know how to remove the spell."

"Adrian said there's something written on the amulet. The engravings being different from the original amulet him mother gave him."

"Okay so what does the amulet say?"

"He doesn't know, he can't read our language."

"W-what?" I swallowed down nervously.

"Yeah, the spell really does wipe everything from your memory. I didn't even think it was possible to forget a language."

"We didn't think it was possible to forget your keeper either."

I sighed, pushing away the pain and getting to the point. I needed to know Adrian was okay.

"So where is Adrian now?"

"He forgot the amulet at home, I told him to go get it."

"What?!"

"If the amulet holds the spell, then it's important and needs to be looked after. Anything could happen to it at his house."

"IF the amulet does hold the spell, then that makes it dangerous. There could be people after it, you could have just put Adrian in danger."

I was freaking out, and unfortunately for Gabriel, he was on the other end of my outburst, but I couldn't help it, us Soul Wakers are very protective of our keepers.

"Calm down, there's no way anybody could know the pendent was left there."

"You didn't see the pendent, Gabriel. I saw it, I saw it glow with power and light."

"What?" He breathed the word out, looking at me in surprise and...fear.

"I knew there was something up with that amulet in the locker room. I saw it glowing with life before I left, and then next thing I know Adrian's in the hospital saying he heard a piercing ringing. His ears were bleeding, Gabriel! He was screaming silently in pain."