Chapter 6

Zach and I played Mario Kart for a couple of hours, the both of us evenly matched. Like I said, he was very good at this game. He must play it a lot in his spare time, heaven knows I do, it's one of my favourite games to play.

"No, no, no!" I cried as I was hit by a blue shell. Zach laughed, whizzing past me and taking first place.

"Alright losers, which one of you threw that? Come on, own up! I bet it was you wasn't it, Mario? You've always been bitter about losing."

Zach chuckled once more, causing him to swerve just like I wanted. I used the boost I had to zoom past him, claiming my rightful place once again.

"Cheater!" He called out, sending me a glare out of the corner of his eyes.

"Nu-uh that was totally fair," I defended myself with a smirk.

Suddenly, I felt Zach's hand on my knee, and I jolted, the controller being pulled to the side in the process. Zach chuckled, removing his hand from my knee and racing back into first place, a satisfied smile on his face.

"What the hell was that for?" I demanded, quickly pulling the controller back and racing toward him, I was further away now so had less chance of catching up. I groaned aloud but kept going, vowing to overtake him again.

I failed to overtake him in time and Zach finished in first, me finishing a millisecond after him and taking the second place medal. It was a close call but, in the end, he won.

I pouted, knocking the controller out of his hand, his laughter filled the room and warmed my heart. I blushed at the thought and cleared my throat.

"Wanna smash?" I asked, Zach's eyes widened as he stared at me and I coughed awkwardly, grabbing the case for smash bros and holding it up so he could see. Realization covered his features and he quietly laughed at himself.

"Oh, sure," he shrugged.

We were both currently sitting on the floor, our backs leaning against the couch, so I crawled towards the console to switch the disks. When the game was in and loading, I crawled back over to my seat by the couch to find Zach staring at me, very intensely.

He cleared his throat, awkwardly, his eyes going back to the screen and we smashed for about an hour.

I mean we played smash bros for about an hour.

We were fairly tied on this as well, which is kind of crazy. I guess he plays the same games I do, but that's cool, I like a challenge.

"So, what now?" Zach asked as I turned the console off. I shrugged, looking around.

"We could watch a movie?" I offered, feeling burnt out on games for the time being. He smiled and nodded, taking a seat on the couch.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked, going over to the DVD shelf that sat beside the TV.

"Anything."

"You're not very decisive, are you?" Zach just chuckled, his attention going to his phone.

I browsed through our selection of DVD's, my eyes roaming up and down, looking for something good to watch when my attention fell to the bottom shelf.

"How about the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?" I watched as a giant smile took place on Zach's face.

"I love that movie!" He beamed.

I know.

I quickly put in the movie, ignoring my own thoughts. The movie booted up and I turned the lights off, taking a seat on the couch next to Zach.