Chapter 19

The townsfolk of Galtolga all gathered in the main hall, ready and waiting for the big news.

The room was loud with noise, people chatting and gossiping away to their friends and families.

Others waited patiently, eager to know if the news was true, and then some simply didn't care and just showed up because they had to.

I sat in the front row, awaiting the arrival of Adrian. I knew he was slightly nervous for this speech, especially after everything that has happened, but I knew how strong he really was, even if he doubted it himself sometimes.

Silence suddenly took over the room, and I turned my attention back to the stage in front of me.

The king was making his way onto the stage, ready to start the announcement, only to be stopped midway to the microphone. A guard stood beside him, speaking quietly as the king listened to what he had to say. Soon he nodded, sending the guard off as he continued towards the microphone. The whole room remained quiet as they all waited in anticipation.

The king cleared his throat, before speaking.

"Welcome. I am glad you could all be here today, because I have a very important announcement that should bring peace to all of you. But before I do, there are a couple of things I would like to address.

First being that the training room is currently closed off, nobody is to enter until further notice."

Some people in the room groaned, causing a fuss. The training room was mostly used by the guards, but people that wished to later become guards went in there to practise, hoping to later impress the king and be welcomed as a guard, or if they were talented enough, a knight.

Some people also used it to practise their skills in magic, especially the adults that wanted to teach their children, it was the safest place for it, and one of the only places it was allowed.

It was dangerous for people who didn't know how to control their power to practise anywhere, so the king limited it to certain areas.

"SILENCE!" The room immediately went quiet as the king's voice boomed, bouncing around the room.

"The training room will not be closed for long, a few days at most, and you will all be informed when the room is reopened so please be patient.

I would also like to ask you to be extra careful when teleporting to earth and back, just a precaution, although you should all already be aware of this. I would like to make sure none of you are being careless in the action, as our secrecy is very important. No matter how close you may get to your human friends, our world and us should remain a secret.

And finally, I know many of you are curious as to know when I will find my keeper. I am fully aware that people are becoming restless, but these things take time and are not to be rushed. I am sure soon I will find my keeper and once I do, I will be happy to introduce them to you, and things will go on from there, so please have mercy and remain patient. Time is everything.

Okay, I think I have talked enough, so now onto why you are all here. I would like to announce that my main knight is back for good, and would like to share a few words with you. Be kind and show your respect. Thank you." Adrian stepped onto the stage, and you could cut the tension in the room with a knife. The king shook Adrian's hand before stepping off the stage, and disappearing into the back.

Adrian's eyes scanned the crowd before they fell on me, a small smile forming on his face. I winked at him, wishing I could be up there with him, holding his hand. He smiled wider before stepping up to the microphone.

"Hi," he spoke, before no doubt mentally cursing himself. I smiled more as I watched my love ruffle his hair slightly before clearing his throat. Everyone in the room waiting patiently to see what he would say.