Chapter 7

I jumped away from Zach like I'd just been burnt, and quickly tried to readjust myself. I grabbed my shirt from where it lay on the floor, tossing Zach his as I pulled mine on in a hurry. The look of hurt on his face didn't go unnoticed, but I was too busy freaking out.

Examining myself quickly in the mirror, I threw a quick glance at Zach to see him fully dressed and making his way upstairs.

My jeans were sticky and uncomfortable, but I ignored it the best I could and opened the door to come face to face with Jake. Really man? Really?

"Hey dude, so party starts in a couple of hours, but I thought we could hit the shops, buy what we need and then you can help me set up for the party," he spoke, making his way into my house without invitation.

I stared at him in confusion before I cleared my throat and spoke.

"I told you I couldn't go."

"I know but I heard your aunt and uncle went away on a business trip, so what's stopping you?"

"The fact that they said no?"

"Come on, Adrian. I need my wingman!" He pleaded, a pout forming on his face.

"Your aunt and uncle don't even have to know," he tried to convince me. Not seeing another way out of this, I sighed.

"Fine, just give me a minute." Jake smiled brightly, nodding his head and taking a seat on the sofa. The same sofa me and Zach just...

Shaking my head, I quickly made my way upstairs and into my room where I found Zach, freshly showered and wearing my clothes, I had to stop myself from drooling at the sight.

"Everything okay?" He asked, but refused to look at me, I swallowed down and forced myself to look away.

"Not exactly. Jake's here and he wants me to go to the party."

"Your aunt and uncle said no," Zach said with a stern voice, finally turning to look at me but I didn't meet his gaze.

"I know but they're not here, so I can't exactly use that excuse." I shrugged.

"How about the fact that you don't want to disobey them?" His hands went to his hips, and his intense stare burned into me.

"That wouldn't work, I've disobeyed them too many times in the past," I admitted, guiltily. Wow, I was a bad nephew.

I heard Zach sigh and I looked up to find him rubbing his eyes.

"Come with us!" I said. The look he gave me said a million words, it was the look you give someone when they say something incredibly stupid.

"It will be fun; we don't have to stay for long. Please Zach, for me?" I gave him the best puppy dog eyes I could muster, and his expression softened before he sighed again.

"Fine," he caved, making me grin. "Go shower, I'll keep the blockhead company." He groaned, before heading to the door.

I grabbed his hand, making him come to a stop and stare at me in surprise. I gave a small smile before placing my lips on his cheek, lingering there for a moment before I finally pulled away.

The look of shock on his face was still there, but I simply ignored it as I turned and headed into the bathroom.

Stripping my clothes off, I jumped into the shower, letting the water wash away the mess we caused earlier.

I let my eyes fall shut as I relaxed under the shower head, the events from earlier coming back to me. I blushed furiously at the thought, a small smile forming on my lips.